I have never been as conflicted as when I decided the winner between Philips LatteGo 3200 vs Jura E8. Why? These 2 espresso makers’ price points are too distinctive for an unbiased review. But after long and hard consideration, Philips 3200 LatteGo is still my ultimate winner.
Philips LatteGo 3200 is an affordable mid-range machine with stable hands-on operation regarding espresso extraction and milk frothing. For me, microfoam isn’t unreasonable for a machine of this price range, and Philips 3200 delivers. If you are a big fan of latte or cappuccino, you will appreciate the beauty of this product line as I do.
The runner-up Jura E8 is a favorite of mine as well. It boasts a balanced and flowery espresso flavor and convenient cleaning cycles for the entire brewing circuit. But compared to LatteGo 3200, Jura E8 stands out as a more expensive model without that many outstanding features. Nevertheless, Jura E8 still gives Philips 3200 a run for its money.
Philips LatteGo 3200 vs Jura E8: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2023-03-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Philips LatteGo 3200 vs Jura E8: Differences
Philips LatteGo 3200 wins 2-1 against Jura E8, and the pair ties when comparing their grinders and espresso flavor. Overall, Jura E8 comes very close to Philips 3200 LatteGo, and it even excels in many aspects. I will give you the most unbiased review possible below.
Both Philips LatteGo 3200 and Jura E8 are equipped with a conical burr grinder made of ceramic, a classic in modern espresso machines. What are the benefits?
- Doesn’t heat up coffee grounds because ceramic doesn’t conduct heat well and maintains the original authentic flavor of the coffee beans that you use.
- Grinds beans evenly
- Isn’t as prone to jams as other types of grinders
After testing them repeatedly, I can assure you that Philips LatteGo 3200 and Jura E8’s grinders function smoothly and deliver an even powder texture every time.
I don’t have any words to complain about the pair regarding the espresso flavor. But, there is a difference in their flavor notes that I want to emphasize.
With Philips 3200, the flavor leans toward the more balanced and smooth side with a mellow and nutty flavor. Of course, the bitterness is still very noticeable, but it’s not the most highlighted note of the bunch.
As for Jura E8, its espresso tastes stronger than Philips 3200 LatteGo. I can describe it as “espresso that packs a punch and keeps you awake wholeday.” The texture of the essence is full-bodied, and it tastes nutty, tangy, and sweet.
Winner: Philips LatteGo 3200
Surprisingly, Philips 3200‘s LatteGo system performs better with milk frothing than the automatic milk system on Jura E8. I’m a fan of dry microfoam, and sadly not all espresso machine’s pressure is potent enough to froth up an airy batch of foam. With Philips 3200’s LatteGo, it’s possible. In addition, making cappuccino is such a hassle-free task with this cut-price mid-range espresso maker.
Does Jura E8 do a lousy job, then? No! I can also make microfoam with this device. But, the texture is slightly less dry and tends to be creamier, which is what we need for lattes or other beverages that need more steamed milk than milk foam. Nevertheless, this machine’s milk system is still way too good to pass.
Winner: Jura E8
Jura E8 has a dedicated cleaning cycle that informs you when it’s necessary to clean the brewing circuit, and it will also give instructions on the screen so that owners don’t feel lost with all the steps. This is an additional feature that Philips 3200 doesn’t have.
As for Philips 3200, its cleaning cycle isn’t as clear as what I have experienced with Jura E8. The good thing is that Philips has light indicators that alert users when the machine needs cleaning or descaling. We can also start a descaling cycle with Philips 3200, which technically is the same as cleaning, just with or without the descaling solution.
Value for price
Winner: Philips LatteGo 3200
Jura E8 excels in many aspects, but I can’t get the fact that it’s too expensive for a non-commercial espresso machine out of my head. Philips LatteGo 3200 is much more affordable, and it’s better priced overall. However, with almost entirely similar espresso flavor extraction and a better milk system, I would choose Philips 3200 any day.
Philips LatteGo 3200 vs Jura E8: Similarities
There are 2 similarities between Philips LatteGo 3200 and Jura E8 that I want to highlight: the hands-free milk system and the water tank capacity. What is my verdict? Check it out below!
100% hands-free milk system
Since both come with an automatic milk carafe that handles it all, users can enjoy a 100% hands-free milk frothing experience. However, with machines that are designed with the classic Panarello wand, I have to manage the milk pitcher and swirl it around at the right angle so that the steam can froth the milk correctly.
This is complicated and quite hectic if you aren’t a fan of manual milk frothing. After all, this is why we pay extra for mid-range and high-end espresso makers.
Water tank capacity and target consumers
With Philips LatteGo 3200 and Jura E8, you can access a 61oz and 64oz water tank, respectively. As these aren’t commercial machines, I will say that the size of the tanks makes them perfect for small families, roommates, and couples. In other words, the water tank is ideal for the daily brewing of not more than 4 people (max 8 cups per day).
If you brew more frequently, they physically can, but that doesn’t mean they should. With so much work every day, these home appliances will wear off quicker than you anticipated.
Quick Rundown Of Philips LatteGo 3200
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Product note: Please refer to user guide or user manual (provided below in PDF) before first use
- Enjoy 5 coffees
- Intuitive touch display
- 12-step grinder adjustment
- 20,000 cups of finest coffee with durable ceramic grinders
Last update on 2023-03-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown Of Jura E8
- Flawless Grinding Results: The latest generation of JURA�s most successful coffee machine model boasts a reinterpreted design and a range of benefits previously found only in the premium class. The Professional Aroma Grinder delivers a flawless grinding result, brewing processes allow the coffee aromas to fully develop and trend specialties are better than ever thanks to the airy, feather-light milk foam
- First-Class Coffee Quality: The Professional Aroma Grinder guarantees 12.2% more aroma and consistently high grind quality so that flavors unfold to perfection throughout the entire service life of the grinder. The Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.�) ensures maximum flavor for short specialties, while intelligent preheating guarantees the ideal temperature right from the first cup
- Luxurious Operation: A 2.8-inch color display, six buttons, and a completely new operating concept featuring artificial intelligence enable simple handling. An intelligent algorithm identifies individual preferences and adapts the start screen so the user�s two or four favorite specialties are always displayed
- One-Touch Milk System Cleaning: The sophisticated milk system cleaning process takes place automatically at the touch of a button and is completed in no time. The drip tray also meets the highest ergonomic standards. Its design prevents water from spilling and it can be removed conveniently with just one hand
- Harmonious Design: JURA coffee machines feature a clean and expressive characteristic design. High-quality materials and precise craftsmanship underline the premium quality of the modern E8. Its styling alone is evidence of its quality, functionality, and durability
Last update on 2023-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Philips 3200 Lattego
- Gaggia Brera vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: The Major Differences Between These Entry-level Machines
- Gaggia Anima Prestige vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: The Battle Of Best Mid-range Machines
- Gaggia Anima vs Philips 3200 Lattego: Which Model Is Perfect For Cappuccino Lovers?
- Delonghi Esam3300 vs Philips 3200 Lattego: A Unequal Battle Of 2 Affordable Mid-range Machines
- Philips 3200 Lattego vs Delonghi Magnifica XS: The True Winner Of These 2 Mid-range Espresso Makers
- DeLonghi Eletta vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: Which Super-automatic Should You Choose?
- Philips 3200 LatteGo vs 2200: Which Model Brews Better Espresso And Is More Convenient?
- Philips LatteGo 3200 vs 4000: 5 Major Differences And Which Model You Should Invest
- Philips 3200 Lattego vs Saeco Xelsis: Comparing 2 Popular Models For Milk-based Coffees
- Philips 3200 vs Delonghi Magnifica: Reviewing 2 Potent Entry-level Espresso Machines
Related Articles to Jura E8
- Jura E8 Vs Miele 6350: Are You Ready To Invest In A Proper Mid-range Machine?
- A Head-To-Head Comparison of Jura E8 vs S8: Which Is the Better Coffee Machine?
- Jura E8 vs Philips 3200: Ultimate Comparison Of 2 Highly Distinctive Espresso Machines
- Saeco Xelsis vs Jura E8: A Close Call For The Title Of Best High-end Espresso Machine
- Jura WE6 vs E8: Point Out The Similarities And Differences To Find The Best Super-automatic Espresso Machine For Daily Use
- Jura E8 Vs Z6: Which Superautomatic Espresso Machine Is Best For Both Office And Home Use?
- Jura E8 Vs X8 Compare: Which Is Best For A Large Family Or Office Use?
- Jura E8 vs WE8: Does Spending An Additional $300 Only Get You A Larger Capacity? Which Coffee Machine Is Best For Your Needs?
- Jura E8 Vs S8 Comparison: Comparing 4 Key Factors To Find The Best Espresso Machines For The Mid-range Budget Buyers
- Jura E8 vs J6 Review: Which One Is Best For You?
- Jura E8 vs ENA Micro 90: The Ultimate Comparison With Pros, And Cons To Find The Better Espresso Machine For Home
- Jura ENA 8 Vs E8: A Compare of Two Great Super-Automatic Machine
- Jura E6 Vs E8: Is It Worth Paying An Extra $1000 For The Jura E8?
- Jura D6 vs E8: Find out the best Espresso Maker For Home Barista
- Jura C65 vs E8 Comparison: Finding The Best Coffee Machine For Your Home
- Jura C60 vs E8: Is It Worth Paying More For An Upgraded Bean-To-Cup Machine??
- Jura E8 vs Gaggia Babila: Which Of These Mid-range Machines Will Compliment Your Coffee Experience Better?
- Gaggia Cadorna Prestige vs Jura E8: An in-depth comparison of two amazing espresso machines
- Delonghi Eletta Vs Jura E8: What Is The Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine For Those Who Prefer Milk-based Coffee?
- Barista Touch vs Jura E8: Honest Comparison Of A Mid-range And A High-end Espresso Machine
- Breville Oracle Touch Vs Jura E8: Amazing Comparison You May Not Know
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura E8: Top 5 Differences Review Between Two Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Top 10 Best Jura Coffee Machines: Reviews, Consumer Report, and FAQs
I am Ralph Mason and I am a passionate coffee drinker. I worked as a barista for a few years and since 2012 I have been trying to convince as many people as possible of good coffee.
I started writing on the barista blog on RepublikCoffeeBar in 2018. It was a pure hobby site and I tested coffee products like coffee machines, beans, mug, and other accessories. After the first year, my blog is becoming a well-known coffee site with about 100 thousand visits per month.
In 2019 I decided to focus on RepublikCoffeeBar only. I became a full-time coffee blogger and was declared crazy by many.