It’s a matchup between two super-automatic espresso machines with different design principles in Breville Oracle Touch Vs Jura E8. In my opinion, the Oracle Touch is the better choice due to its higher brewing quality and the ability to customize it.
With the Breville machine, you get more adjustment and a more authentic experience as a steam wand, and a portafilter comes standard. Additionally, it comes with a large selection of programmable features as well as an automatic feature.
In the meantime, the Jura E8 allows you to save a lot of money by taking care of everything for you. The coffee is ready in just a few minutes with the push of a button, so it will not take long for you to drink it. That means, however, that you will have less flexibility.
Breville Oracle Touch vs Jura E8: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2022-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Breville Oracle Touch vs Jura E8: Differences
According to this comparative review, the Breville unit comes out on top 2-1, mainly because of its superior flexibility and superior brewing quality.
1. COFFEE FLAVOR
The Winner: Breville Oracle Touch
Although the E8 does an excellent job, I think that the Oracle Touch is the one that really stands out. It comes with a more flexible grinder, the best heating system, a more reliable pump, and more useful technology.
With this device, you will have access to a conical burr grinder which offers 45 settings for grinding. This device’s opponent provides a conical burr grinder that has six settings. If you’re trying to reach a particular level of coarseness, then you know which grinder will help you more easily achieve it.
Heating System And Pumping System
There are two stainless steel boilers available, one for extracting the moisture and one for steaming. They let you pull a shot while simultaneously steaming milk instead of a thermoblock on the Jura model.
Thermoblocks consume less energy than boilers, but they need more time to heat up. It has an auto-start function that will allow you to boil water as soon as you wake up, which a busy person like me dramatically appreciates.
The two boilers correspond to the two pumping systems that accompany those two boilers. For the brewing system, an overpressure valve (OPV) is used to ensure the extraction pressure is kept as high as possible.
In the E8, the pump can deliver the same capacity, which is 15 bar. The pump, however, is the only component that is present, and there is no OPV component.
A proportional-integral-derivative (PID) controller is integrated into Breville’s brewing boiler and water group to regulate extraction temperature.
With this technology, an algorithm controls the temperature at all times to prevent overheating. As a result, you do not have to deal with heatwaves since it is more consistent than a thermostat.
A PID controller will also enable you to control the machine’s temperature down to a single degree.
Similarly, the Jura unit is also equipped with advanced technology. The Pulse Extraction Process (PEP) uses short pulses of hot water to pass through the pucks quickly and efficiently. According to the company, this helps you get the full range of flavor and aroma from your ground.
Despite this, the E8 cannot win this round. The Oracle Touch offers several benefits, all of which are tested and proven.
2. MILK SYSTEM
The Winner: Breville Oracle Touch
The Oracle Touch’s milk quality options are worlds apart from its counterpart in terms of service. You are able to choose between automatic and manual modes with this steam wand.
You have the option to program the milk temperature and foam level with the automatic mode. When the milk is ready, the wand will stop and purge. In addition, you can practice your barista skills by using a manual texturing mode.
The Jura model’s milk system uses an external container to draw milk and pump out frothed milk. In this model, you can adjust the temperature but do not add froth levels. The default milk texture is the same for all milk-based beverages. The purging function is also absent.
Beginners will prefer the Jura’s hands-free frother. The steam wand of the Breville machine is perfect for home baristas who want to make their own coffee. It is easier to control, with the automatic mode as well as allowing you to rely on it.
3. EASE OF USE
The Winner: Jura E8
It’s obvious that the E8 is the more accessible machine to use when it comes to bean-to-cup coffee. Using a portafilter and tamper does not require as much fiddling around as a standard portafilter does. Just put the water, milk, and coffee in, then hit the buttons, and you are done.
It requires you to press and hold some of these buttons to customize your drinks, but you can avoid this by using the JURA Operating Experience (JOE) app. Using this app is even easier than using the touch screen on a Breville machine.
You may use ground coffee or whole beans in the Jura machine. Select the ground coffee mode using the control panel and fill the bypass with the ground coffee.
The Breville model has no grinder bypass that allows you to grind on both sides. The tamper you will need to use if you wish to use pre-ground coffee will be found at most hardware stores.
Additionally, the grinder on the machine is quite tricky to tune. You can adjust the grind size after removing the beans and removing a few parts of them. The Jura machine only needs you to turn a dial during the grinding process.
4. CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
The Winner: It is a Tie
You will spend more time at the sink with one model and reach for your wallet with the other.
You must clean almost every part manually with the Oracle Touch, just like commercial machines. Additional cleaning duties include cleaning shower screens and grinders and performing water backflushed.
The cleaning process for the E8 is easier but requires more products than when you clean the E7. You will need cleaning tablets and powder for the milk system, which is the same as the other unit. If you keep the filter baskets clean regularly, you will not require the tablets supplied by Breville if you use them with its filter baskets.
The foam filter on the Jura model is also subject to an additional maintenance fee. A change of the milk pipe and the milk spout must be performed every three months to keep it working.
Breville Oracle Touch vs Jura E8: Similarities
It doesn’t matter if you’re buying a new machine or replacing an old one. Both model names are stylish and modern and offer a wide variety of features to enhance your coffee-drinking experience. Both machines can make different types of drinks, including espresso and cappuccinos.
These products feature a user-friendly design that makes it easy to maintain and clean the machines. With the E8, you can get your machine looking as good as new by automatically ejecting the coffee grounds out of the device during cleaning.
With Oracle Touch, you can easily remove the bean hopper so you can clean it more effectively. Each machine also has intuitive, easy-to-use controls, which yield a variety of programming options, allowing you to create the beverage you want.
Quick Rundown Of Breville Oracle Touch BES990
- The Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine with automation at every stage with touch screen operation to simply swipe and select for espresso, long black, latte, flat white or cappuccino and enjoy third wave specialty coffee at home.
- Dose Control: The integrated conical burr grinder automatically grinds, doses and tamps 22 grams of coffee, similar to the commercial espresso machine in your favorite cafe.
- Espresso Machine with precise water temperature: Achieve balanced tasting espresso with the Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine complete with a digital temperature control (PID) technology, which ensures the temperature is kept at its optimum range
- Optimal Water Pressure: The Over Pressure Valve (OPV) is a commercial feature included in the Oracle Touch. This limits the maximum pressure throughout the extraction, helping prevent bitter flavors in the coffee shot. It also has true low pressure pre-infusion, which gradually increases the pressure to gently expand the grinds for an even extraction.
- Microfoam Milk Texturing: Third wave specialty coffee is a delicate balance of espresso flavor and rich sweet milk with a micro-foam texture. The steam wand, powered by a dedicated steam boiler, automatically textures milk to your taste and preferred temperature, delivering barista quality silky micro-foam that enhances the flavor of coffee. Then the steam wand cleans itself!
Last update on 2022-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown Of Jura E8 15270
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 16 barista quality specialties including espresso, coffee, cappuccino, flat white and latte macchiato at the touch of a button
- PERFECT ESPRESSO: Ultimate coffee quality thanks to JURA's exclusive Pulse Extraction Process
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG3 grinder grinds whole beans to the optimum fineness
- : JURA is always freshly ground, not capsuled - fresh taste with very limited waste - single serve machine
- CAPACITY: 64 ounce water tank, 10 ounce bean container
Last update on 2022-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Breville Oracle Touch
- Breville Oracle Touch vs Barista Touch – Which One Is Better?
- Breville Oracle Touch vs Jura S8: Which Is the Better Automatic Espresso Machine For the Money?
- Breville Oracle Touch vs Jura Z6 Review: Which Offers Greater Value For Money?
- Breville Oracle Touch Vs Barista Express: Incredible Competition Between 2 Top Breville Machines
- Breville Oracle Touch Vs Delonghi Prima Donna: A Fantastic Competition For You
- Breville Oracle Touch vs Barista Pro Comparison: The Oracle Touch Brews Better & Has More Customization
- Breville Oracle Touch Vs Miele 6350: A New Comparison For Coffee Lovers
- Breville Oracle Touch vs Gaggia Babila: Which Is The Better Espresso Machine?
- Breville Oracle Touch vs Delonghi Eletta Comparison: 5 Main Differences To Figure Out The Winner
- Breville Oracle Touch Vs Saeco Xelsis: Hot Comparison You May Not Know
- Breville Oracle vs Oracle Touch Comparison: Why Oracle Touch Is The Better Option?
- Breville Oracle Touch Vs Dual Boiler: Which One You Should Choose
- Breville Oracle Touch Vs Delonghi La Specialista: Which One Is Value For Money?
- Barista Express Vs Oracle Touch: Which Is The Best Espresso Maker?
- Top 7 Best Breville Espresso Machine Reviews
Related Articles to Jura E8
- Jura E8 vs Philips 3200: Ultimate Comparison Of 2 Highly Distinctive Espresso Machines
- Saeco Xelsis vs Jura E8: A Close Call For The Title Of Best High-end Espresso Machine
- Jura WE6 vs E8: Point Out The Similarities And Differences To Find The Best Super-automatic Espresso Machine For Daily Use
- Jura E8 Vs Z6: Which Superautomatic Espresso Machine Is Best For Both Office And Home Use?
- Jura E8 Vs X8 Compare: Which Is Best For A Large Family Or Office Use?
- Jura E8 vs WE8: Does Spending An Additional $300 Only Get You A Larger Capacity? Which Coffee Machine Is Best For Your Needs?
- Jura E8 Vs S8 Comparison: Comparing 4 Key Factors To Find The Best Espresso Machines For The Mid-range Budget Buyers
- Jura E8 vs J6 Review: Which One Is Best For You?
- Jura E6 Vs E8: Is It Worth Paying An Extra $1000 For The Jura E8?
- Delonghi Eletta Vs Jura E8: What Is The Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine For Those Who Prefer Milk-based Coffee?
- Barista Touch vs Jura E8: Honest Comparison Of A Mid-range And A High-end Espresso Machine
- Philips LatteGo 3200 vs Jura E8: Honest Comparison Of 2 Nothing-Alike Espresso Makers
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura E8: Top 5 Differences Review Between Two Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Jura E8 Review – All That You Need To Know About This High-end Coffee Maker
- Top 10 Best Jura Coffee Machines: Reviews, Consumer Report, and FAQs
I am Ralph Mason and I am a passionate coffee drinker. I worked as a barista for a few years and since 2012 I have been trying to convince as many people as possible of good coffee.
I started writing on the barista blog on RepublikCoffeeBar in 2018. It was a pure hobby site and I tested coffee products like coffee machines, beans, mug, and other accessories. After the first year, my blog is becoming a well-known coffee site with about 100 thousand visits per month.
In 2019 I decided to focus on RepublikCoffeeBar only. I became a full-time coffee blogger and was declared crazy by many.