Delonghi is a brand that impresses with its innovative features and reliable performance. In this article, I will delve into the similarities and differences between two of their popular models: the Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Class.
The Delonghi Primadonna Class is a high-end espresso machine that offers a wide range of features and customization options. It features a touchscreen display for easy operation, a built-in grinder, and an automatic milk frothing system to create hot and frothed milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
The Delonghi Dinamica Plus is also an automatic espresso machine that offers convenient features for coffee enthusiasts. It has a touchscreen display for easy operation and a rapid cappuccino system for quick transitions between milk and coffee. It is easy to clean and maintain. To learn more, let’s scroll down now!
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Class: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Class: Differences
After comparing the features of the Delonghi Dinamica Plus and the Primadonna Class, it’s a tie. Both models perform their tasks admirably, making it challenging to decide which one to choose.
Coffee flavor & brewing system
The heating system is one of the most important factors to consider when it comes to providing consistently hot water for espresso and coffee drinks.
The Dinamica Plus utilizes a dual heating system consisting of a water heating circuit and a dedicated thermoblock. This provides consistent and precise temperatures for brewing drinks. Once the thermoblock reaches the desired temperature, it maintains a steady level of heat, allowing you to pull shot after shot of perfectly warmed espresso.
On the other hand, the Primadonna Class comes with a dual boiler system that should deliver consistently stable water temperatures. However, during my testing of the machine, I noticed occasional temperature fluctuations. While it wasn’t a significant issue for me, as someone who values precision, I did find it noticeable.
Both machines are equipped with a remarkable 19-bar pump pressure, a crucial feature in coffee-making. The high pressure is strong enough for the ground coffee to release its flavors and aromas, resulting in a rich, full-bodied espresso.
This optimal extraction contributes to the overall quality and taste of the brewed coffee, making these machines a valuable investment for coffee connoisseurs who wish to replicate the quality of coffee served in professional cafes and coffeehouses.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna Class boast the innovative LatteCrema system, which makes heating and frothing milk a breeze with just one touch. These machines include a milk jug that can be conveniently kept in the fridge when not in use.
To use it, simply fill the jug with milk, attach it to the front of the machine, and use the dial on top to adjust the froth level to your desired thickness, from no froth to maximum one. Based on my testing, I can say that both models deliver as I expected, producing hot, frothy milk that is thick and velvety.
Design and convenience
The winner: DeLonghi Primadonna Class
Weight and dimension
When you’re designing your perfect coffee nook at home or in the office, size does matter. And here’s where the Delonghi Dinamica Plus scores some points. It’s a bit more compact, measuring 9.2 x 16.8 x 13.7 inches. This slight advantage in space-saving may be just what you need if your kitchen counter or office space is at a premium. Meanwhile, the Primadonna Class, while larger, is not significantly so. It measures 10.2 x 18.4 x 14.2 inches.
Remember to think about the weight of a machine if you might need to move it. The Dinamica Plus, at a sleek 20.94 pounds, certainly holds an advantage here. It’s lighter and, thus, easier to transport if you rearrange your coffee station.
Conversely, the Primadonna Class is a bit heftier, weighing 24.25 pounds. Though heavier, it’s worth noting that this added weight can lend to a more stable operation and minimize any excessive movement or vibration.
The Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna Class differ slightly in their capacity. The Dinamica Plus can accommodate up to 300g of coffee beans and 1.8L of water, while the Primadonna Class can hold 360g of beans and 2L of water.
In this regard, it’s clear that the Primadonna Class has the upper hand. If you’re a household with multiple coffee lovers or find yourself hosting guests often, you’ll have fewer refill sessions and more time savoring your cup of coffee.
The Delonghi Dinamica Plus boasts a maximum cup height of 135 mm. The 135 mm clearance is generous enough to fit most of your typical mugs or cups, thus, quite accommodating for a typical coffee enthusiast.
But let’s turn our attention to the Primadonna Class, with a maximum cup height of 142 mm. It’s this extra room that makes the Primadonna Class stand out.
With the Dinamica Plus, I would have to tilt them slightly to fit under the spout, which could cause spills or messes. With the Primadonna Class, I can place them straight under the spout without any problem.
Drink options & programmability
The winner: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
Both the DeLonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna Class offer a wide range of pre-programmed coffee options, catering to different tastes. With 16 and 14 beverages, respectively, they allow users to easily make their favorite coffee drinks without needing barista skills.
However, the Dinamica Plus takes a slight lead with its additional options. This model sets itself apart by including an extra coffee pot option and over-iced drinks setting. You can brew a larger amount of coffee and enjoy refreshing iced drinks on a hot day.
|Dimanica Plus||PrimaDonna Class|
|2X ESPRESSO||2X ESPRESSO|
|CAPPUCCINO MIX||CAPPUCCINO MIX|
|LATTE MACCHIATO||LATTE MACCHIATO|
|HOT MILK||HOT MILK|
|FLAT WHITE||FLAT WHITE|
|ESPRESSO MACCHIATO||ESPRESSO MACCHIATO|
|HOT WATER||HOT WATER|
The Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna Class give you the power to customize each beverage to suit your taste. With these machines, you can adjust the coffee temperature across four settings, the intensity across five distinct aroma levels, and the quantity of espresso in 4 sizes. You can even create up to three user profiles to personalize your drinks.
The DeLonghi Dinamica Plus and the Primadonna Class have smart features for energy efficiency: auto-off and energy-saving modes. Auto-off turns off the machines after a period of inactivity, which you can adjust (15 or 30 minutes, or 1, 2, or 3 hours). The energy-saving mode makes the machines use less power while still working. These features save energy and money and are good for the environment.
They also have embraced the convenience of app connectivity in the era of smart technology. These two models can connect to De’Longhi Coffee Link App. You can remotely control and customize your coffee brewing experience.
Quick Rundown of Delonghi PrimaDonna Class
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- 3.5” TFT full-touch, colorful display provides intuitive and simple experience of one-touch specialty recipes
- De’Longhi Coffee Link App lets you create and save up to 3 personalized espresso recipes in your profile, so every cup of coffee is always customized to your unique taste
- 16 one-touch or customized coffee drinks: latte, espresso, cappuccino, flat white, iced coffee, regular coffee and more.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 13 settings for always freshly ground coffee, for any beans of your choice.
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Siemens EQ 6: A Detailed Head-To-Head Comparison
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Soul: a Detailed Head-To-Head Comparison
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Elite: Which One Is Your Best Best?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna: Which Is The Better Espresso Machine?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Philips Lattego 5400: Which One is Best Bang for Your Buck?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Jura ENA 8: Which One Is The Best For You?
- Jura E6 Vs DeLonghi Dinamica Plus: Which One Is The Best For You?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Magnifica S: Find Out 4 Differences
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Jura E8: Which One Is Your Best Bet?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: Honest Review & Detailed Comparison
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Eletta: An In-Depth Analysis
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Dinamica: 5 Differences & 3 Similarities
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus: https://www.delonghi.com/en/ecam370-95-t-dinamica-plus-automatic-coffee-machine/p/ECAM370.95.T
- Delonghi Prima Donna Class: https://www.delonghi.com/en/ecam550-65-sb-primadonna-class-automatic-coffee-maker/p/ECAM550.65.SB
I’m Floyd J. Alcock, an experienced barista with a deep love for coffee. I curate personalized coffee experiences, guiding customers through diverse flavor profiles and suggesting ideal brewing methods. My extensive knowledge of espresso machines enables me to recommend the best equipment to match specific needs and budgets. Sharing my expertise and passion with coffee enthusiasts brings immense satisfaction. I look forward to continuing my journey of coffee discovery with every customer I serve, fostering connections over a shared love for this magical beverage.