Breville Nespresso Vertuo vs Vertuo Next is the next debate that I will debunk. While both are clever automatic espresso machines, the classic Vertuo still excels despite being produced long before Vertuo Next.
The Breville Nespresso Vertuo is a classic line that has been around since 2014 and is still going strong. The model consistently brews bold and aromatic espresso and boasts a convenient descaling alert that ACTUALLY works, unlike many other Nespresso machines’ claims. In addition, its reservoir can store up to 40 oz of water as well. So if you want a simple yet effective device, this one will be the better option.
The Vertuo Next is the Vertuo Line’s “next generation” model. It has improved power-saving features and Bluetooth connection. However, I have tested the Bluetooth feature and really don’t find it very useful. But, on the other hand, the machine doesn’t fail to brew delicious cups of espresso or gran lungo daily. And its cleaning procedure is the same as Vertuo.
Breville Nespresso Vertuo vs Vertuo Next: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Breville Nespresso Vertuo vs Vertuo Next: Differences
Breville Nespresso Vertuo wins 4-1 against Vertuo Next. Even though Vertuo Next is an updated version, I find its features less innovative than Vertuo. In fact, some features even underperform, like the descaling alert.
Water tank and capsule container’ Sizes
The Vertuo has a water tank with a 40-ounce capacity and can hold 13 to 20 capsule containers. These numbers are decent if you want a device that lasts longer and requires less refilling and cleaning.
The Nespresso Vertuo Next has a more portable design. It can carry 6-10 capsule packages and up to 37 ounces of water. Thus, the machine is undoubtedly more mobile and lightweight. But, this also means that it requires more upkeep, and users have to clear out the capsule container much more frequently.
Winner: Vertuo Next
The Nespresso Vertuo’s programmability is restricted because you cannot change the coffee’s flavor using the machine’s controls, but you can select how much you’d want to brew.
The Vertuo has two cup sizes: 1.35 ounces for espresso and 8 ounces for heavier beverages like Americano. The Vertuo automatically determines the cup size based on the barcode reading of each capsule’s size and flows directly into the cup.
The Vertuo Next offers a bit more customization because you may set up to five different cup sizes, including espresso, double espresso, lungo, mug, and alto. 1.35, 2.7, 5, 7.7, and 14 ounces of coffee are available with each recipe, respectively. Due to its sophisticated programmability and superior features, the Nespresso Vertuo Next is superior to the Vertuo in this comparison.
As for the espresso flavor, both machines are quite good at making bold and nuanced cups. But the crema quality is very different. Vertuo can deliver velvety crema with good thickness. As for Vertuo Next, it seems that the Centrifusion technology goes slightly overboard because the crema layer is very thick. My lungo comes out looking like a glass beer all the time. This is a major buzzkill.
Despite having an outdated look, the Nespresso Vertuo warms up quicker, taking only 15 seconds. The Vertuo Next completes the task in 20 to 25 seconds, which is 10 seconds quicker than the Vertuo overall. Even though it might not seem like much, it is important to consider if you are constantly out of time in the morning and want a quick cup as soon as possible.
Of course, these are the average heat-up time that the machines can perform. However, I still recommend leaving the devices on for 1 minute to ensure that every ounce of coffee comes out as steaming as possible, tastes better, and lasts longer.
Cleaning and descaling
It may sound surprising, but Vertuo has a more functional descaling system than Vertuo Next, but not by much. While Breville advertises that both come with a descale alert, the one on Vertuo turns red and green to notify users. As for Vertuo Next, I have to connect the machine to its app on my phone and personally look up the status of my device to know if it’s time to descale.
This also takes me to another point about Bluetooth/ wifi connectivity, which I find pretty much useless. The app helps order new capsules, notifies the descaling time, and shows the water level inside the water tank in real-time. However, I have tested the water level function, and the app needs to reflect the actual condition of the tank. This makes me question if the descale alert is trustworthy or not.
Breville Nespresso Vertuo vs Vertuo Next: Similarities
Check out these 2 major similarities between Vertuo and Vertuo Next!
Capsule recognition technology
These machines can read the barcode around the rim of the capsules and brew and adjust the amount of coffee users get according to the information integrated with the barcode. That way, you can easily brew a delicious cup without customizing anything.
Both devices will shut off after 9 minutes of inactivity. I have checked on them many times, and never once did they fail to save energy and turn themselves off without my attention. Thanks to this feature, I can handle the devices after finishing brewing a cup with them. It’s grab-and-go.
Quick Rundown Of Breville Nespresso Vertuo
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE and ESPRESSO MACHINE: Single serve coffee or espresso at the touch of a button. Innovative programs and features such as 25 sec heat up and energy saving automatic shut off.
- COFFEE FOR EVERY OCCASION: Brew better coffee at home with Nespresso's coffee espresso machine. Drink your coffee bold, mild hot, or iced.
- VERSATILE COFFEE MAKER: Brew 4 different cup sizes at the touch of a button (5oz and 8oz coffee, single and double espresso). Pour over ice to create your favorite blend of iced coffee and lattes.
- AEROCCINO MILK FROTHER INCLUDED: The Nespresso Aeroccino3 provides smooth hot or cold milk froth for your coffee recipes in a few seconds with one touch.
Last update on 2023-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown Of Breville Nespresso Vertuo Next
- IMPOSSIBLY GOOD QUALITY: The Vertuo Next Nespresso machine makes an extraordinary cup of coffee in a variety of sizes and producing velvety crema indicative of only the highest quality (exclusively compatible with Nespresso Vertuo coffee capsules)
- QUALITY ENABLED BY TECHNOLOGY: Delivers the optimal in-cup results for each blend using capsule-specific brewing with barcode reading resulting in a silky crema atop the coffee; a signature of a truly great cup of coffee.
- QUALITY MADE SIMPLE: Delivers a consistent and delicious cup of coffee with a simple touch of a button. After brewing, the capsule is automatically ejected and stored – ready to be recycled– and the machine will turn off to save energy.
- QUALITY DESIGN: Nespresso's newest innovation, Vertuo Next is the most compact, sustainable and smart Vertuo machine yet. It’s made of 54% recycled materials, is only 5.5 inches wide.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each Vertuo machine includes a welcome kit, which includes a set of 12 Vertuo coffee capsules, offering an introduction to the various size and flavor options.
Last update on 2023-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Breville Nespresso Vertuo
- Breville Nespresso Vertuo vs VertuoPlus: Which Is The Better Pod-based Coffee Maker?
- Nespresso Essenza Mini vs Vertuo: Small vs Big Nespresso Machine – Does Size Matter?
- Nespresso Citiz vs Vertuo: Best Nespresso Machines In The Affordable Price Range?
- Nespresso Pixie vs Vertuo – Delonghi vs Breville: Which Nespresso Machine Is Worth Buying More?
- Delonghi vs Breville Nespresso Vertuoline: Full Comparison Of 2 Machines Of The Same Line
- Breville Nespresso Vertuo Vs DeLonghi Vertuo Next: An Ultimate Battle
Related Articles to Breville Nespresso Vertuo Next
- Nespresso Essenza Mini vs Vertuo Next: A Surprising Result For An Unequal Debate Of 2 Nespresso Models
- Breville Nespresso Vertuo Next vs Delonghi: Is There Any Difference Between Them? – Pick The Winner!
- Breville Nespresso Vertou Next: https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/nespresso/bnv520.html
- Breville Nespresso Vertuo: https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/nespresso/bnv220.html
I’m Floyd J. Alcock, an experienced barista with a deep love for coffee. I curate personalized coffee experiences, guiding customers through diverse flavor profiles and suggesting ideal brewing methods. My extensive knowledge of espresso machines enables me to recommend the best equipment to match specific needs and budgets. Sharing my expertise and passion with coffee enthusiasts brings immense satisfaction. I look forward to continuing my journey of coffee discovery with every customer I serve, fostering connections over a shared love for this magical beverage.