Nespresso machines aren’t that hard to find. They’re popular and functional in many ways. If what you want is a quick and delicious cup of espresso, Nespresso machines are superb. You can either buy OriginalLine or VirtuoLine Nespresso machines.
Both differ in prices and features, but each offers exquisite and useful functions. Based on the versatility and price point, you can choose the best Nespresso machine.
What really sets Nespresso machines apart is that they’re fast. You’d rather use a machine that doesn’t take a long time to configure for every cup of coffee, right? Something that’s accurate, energy-efficient, and convenient to use.
Best Nespresso Machines: Quick Summary
Best Nespresso Machines: Top 10 in 2020
- Automatic coffee/espresso maker: Espresso VertuoPlus offers the latest innovation from espresso with an all-new design and colors to complete the perfect single-serve coffee or espresso cup experience. Designed for espresso capsules only.
- Smart coffee maker: Brew the perfect single-serve coffee or espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect cream for large coffee cup sizes. Simply insert the capsule and enjoy freshly brewed coffee or authentic espresso.
- Complimentary gift: Each machine includes a welcome kit with a range of Vertuo capsules with unique aroma profiles. Cable length- 29.13 inches. Power rating (in watts)- 1300 watt
- Barista grade: Brew different single-serve coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - espresso (1.35 ounce), double espresso (2.7 ounce), gran lungo (5 ounce), coffee (7.7 ounce) and alto (14 ounce). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks.
- Features: The VertuoPlus has a motorized head and moveable 60 ounce water tank. The water tank can swivel out or stay behind the machine based on the configuration of your counter space. The machine also has a fast heat-up time of only 20-25 seconds and has an automatic shutoff after 9 minutes. Input power (watts): 1350
The Nespresso by De’Longhi VertuoPlus Espresso Machine is a popular pick. It’s definitely what makes Nespresso coffee machines a cut above the rest. It exemplifies the need for capsules in an efficient and modern way.
VertuoPlus makes great coffee. It’s unique, advanced, and fast. Every cup it produces is rich and flavorful. It tastes exactly like a good coffeeshop’s. So it’s perfect for home use and maintenance.
The machine itself is quite stand-up. It has a water reservoir that sits at the back of the machine. But what’s really amazing is that it supports multiple cup sizes. So you can serve an espresso, double espresso, Lungo, XL Lungo, and many more.
It even welcomes tall glasses for cold brew. You can allow the espresso to pour into a glass filled with ice cubes. The motorized head and automatic shut off make performance smooth and consistent.
- DESIGN: CitiZ's new look continues to please both Nespresso coffee and espresso drinkers and design lovers, adding a touch of elegance to coffee rituals.
- SMART POWER: Nespresso's unique 19 bar extraction system along with an automatic standby mode to reduce energy consumption.
- VERSATILITY: The folding cup tray accommodates taller single serve coffee or espresso cups. Brew different single serve coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - Espresso (1.35 oz) or Lungo (5 oz). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks. Removable Nespresso capsule container, drip tray and water tank (34 oz.) for quick and simple cleaning.
- SPEED AND ENERGY SAVING: The fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds. The automatic energy saving function switches the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
The Breville-Nespresso is your perfect caffeine fix at home. It’s a professional Nespresso machine with an elegant and sleek design. You just have to select your cup size and it brews delicious coffee every time.
Many people buy this best Nespresso machine for its small size. It’s a practical choice for a new and improved way to brew Nespresso pods at home. However, it’s not that small. It’s perfect for small kitchens and quick use.
The water tank packs a punch with its sturdy construction and seal. It’s lightweight but it can easily brew big cups for serious coffee drinkers. And you can choose from all kinds of blends from fruity to chocolatey to a bold and rich cup.
This is not one of those small coffee machines that you have to keep refilling. It’s easy to maintain and long-lasting. In terms of features, it’s a basic but accurate choice. Known for its consistency and speed. So if that’s something you’re looking for, this is your guy.
- Barista grade: Nespresso Inissia by De'Longhi offers an impeccable single-serve coffee or espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure. The Inissia is the perfect coffee machine that fits perfectly into any interior design.
- Speed: In just one touch, ideal water temperature is reached in 25 seconds and you are ready to make 9 single-serve cups of coffee without having to refill the 24 ounce tank. This automatic coffee machine gets your perfect cup of coffee or espresso to you fast.
- Versatile and smart coffee machine: Adjustable cup size with two programmable espresso and Lungo buttons. A folding drip tray accommodates larger single-serve cup sizes and recipes
- Energy efficient coffee machine: Brew two different cup sizes; Espresso (1.35 ounce) and lungo (5 ounce), with just the touch of a button. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks. With the smart energy saving mode automatically switches off our coffee maker after 9 only minutes.
- Complimentary gift: Each espresso machine includes a Nespresso original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles. Input power (watts): 1200. Used capsule container - 11 capsules
This is a versatile and functional Nespresso machine. It has different cup sizes and two espresso buttons. This best Nespresso machine is for beginners and occasional drinkers. It has all the features you need and its durability is trust-worthy.
No other coffee machine is as sleek as this one. It has a light and small footprint. But that’s not to say it’s lacking in power and performance. It delivers rich and full-bodied cups of coffee every time.
The brewing system is well-equipped and speedy. It lets you choose your cup size and a variety of flavors that’s always a must-have in any Nespresso machine. The price is quite inexpensive so paying for the pods isn’t that troublesome.
It’s like having your own coffee shop in your kitchen. But without the taxes. It’s a single-serve coffee maker which only means it’s performance-driven. Every cup is rich and delicious to behold. You won’t find any difference in texture between two cups. Unless, of course, you’re brewing two different coffee blends.
#4. Nespresso by De’Longhi EN520SL Lattissima Plus Espresso Machine – BEST FOR A STURDY CONSTRUCTION
- Removable dip tray is present
- Included Components: Espresso Machine
The Nespresso Lattissima Plus has brewed the perfect espresso. It’s more than just espresso. You can make exquisite lattes, cappuccinos, and other specialty drinks. The design and features are well put together to yield better results.
This is for someone easily bored by just drinking one type of coffee every day. With this best Nespresso machine, you can have a variety of coffee drinks at your disposal. It’s totally up to your mood how you want to enjoy your coffee. With milk, without milk, or a tall glass of iced coffee.
The Thermoblock heating system ensures complete transparency. It heats water and milk in seconds. And with the water temperature control, it doesn’t brew the coffee biter or over-saturated. As you know, that happens when you brew coffee with really hot water.
The drip tray is adjustable. You can opt for different cup heights including a tall glass for iced drinks. There’s a descaling indicator, cup selector, hot/cold drink adjustability. The pod ejecting system is sturdy and modern. It clicks into place and brews coffee evenly.
- Virtue Velour coffee makers use a patented extraction technology developed by espresso known as. Just insert a capsule and close the lever; Designed for use with espresso capsules
- Based on the barcode on the rim of the capsule, the brewing parameters are adjusted by the machine depending on the selected grand cru. No need to change settings
- One convenient machine for two cup sizes, 7.7 fluid ounce coffee and 1.35 fluid ounce espresso, via two different capsule sizes: large capsule for coffee and a small one for espresso
- Extra-large 54 ounce water tank and a very large 17 count used capsule container. Flow stop feature is available
- The Aerocon 3 provides a smooth, finely textured hot or cold milk fresh milk froth for your coffee recipes
The Vertuo Evoluo Nespresso Machine has a lot to offer. It has automatic blend recognition and centrifugation extraction technology. Both these features elevate the performance of the machine. It’s super easy, effective, and professional to use.
If what you want daily is delicious and creamy espresso, this is it for you. It doesn’t occupy too much room on your kitchen counter. The machine’s parts are as intuitive as the features themselves. They eliminate inconvenience during refilling, brewing, and frothing.
The separate milk frother is quite the pleaser. It delivers smooth and dense milk every time. You can froth cold and hot milk in it. So while the espresso drips into your cup, the milk froths too.
You can select certain parameters to brew each cup. For example, the cup size and flow stop. The machine is user-friendly and advanced. It has a special barcode reading system in place. This automatically detects the blend of each pod. And brews the coffee in a way that suits each blend. This provides a smooth, rich, and personal experience each time.
#6. Breville-Nespresso BNE800BSSUSC Creatista Plus Espresso Machine – BEST FOR INTUITIVE DISPLAY CONTROL
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MACHINE: The Nespresso Creatista Plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic espresso. The Creatista plus can turn into your personal latte maker with the attached milk frother, allowing you to create top quality latte art in your kitchen. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks.
- BARISTA GRADE: Brew different single serve coffee and espresso beverage options at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - Ristretto (0.5 oz.), Espresso (1.35 oz.), Lungo (5 oz.). The Creatista allows you to take a step further and create more complex coffee drinks such as flat whites, cappuccinos, and latte macchiatos. There are settings that allow you to adjust coffee volume, milk temperature and mixture with a fast 3 second heat up time.
- SMART COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MAKER: Brew a perfect single serve coffee or espresso cup time after time with an easy TFT LCD display that assists you on all preparation, setting and maintenance aspects thanks to a high resolution display.
- Automatic built-in milk frother helps you create your favorite single serve coffee and espresso beverages. COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
- FEATURES AND WARRANTY: Nespresso Creatista Plus includes a 1.5L removable water tank, an auto-purge steam wand, 19 bars of pressure, a fast automatic cleaning process, a stainless milk jug and a 2 year warranty. Heats up in less than 3 seconds with an automatic off mode after 9 minutes.
The point of using a Nespresso machine is the ease of use and flavor. And this Creatista Plus is a step above the rest. It makes your home coffee experience barista-like. The authentic coffee extraction system and the steam wand make it so.
This is a barista-grade espresso maker that’s been modified to be home-friendly. And that means you don’t need barista skills to get a rich and delicious cup of coffee.
The proof, you ask, is the steam wand. Where the barista tilts the pitcher to a certain angle to froth milk. In this machine, you can have to place it underneath the steam wand. Just select your preferred coffee drink and let the machine do all of the work for you.
This machine is smart, responsible, and user-friendly. It’s not very challenging to use even. You can make coffee in a professional coffee cup or a coffee mug. It saves money and time with its striking stainless steel construction. And it looks good anywhere!
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; Holds 10 used capsules; Removable 34-ounce water tank; For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Integrated aeroccino milk frother; Rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth for Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato and Iced Cappuccino
- Compact brewing unit technology, Fast preheating time: 25 seconds; 19 Bar high pressure pump; Automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity. Machine can be turned on by hitting either the Espresso or Lungo buttons located at top of machine
- Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity (Espresso and Lungo). Pivoting cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses. To turn the machine on either press the Espresso or Lungo button.
- Water Tank Capacity: 34 oz. Container capacity: 9-11 used capsules
The Nespresso Citiz is a smart and basic espresso machine. It’s the best overall choice for a quick drink and even faster cleans up. It has a frother and special coffee extraction technology. The Aerocinno Milk Frother is unique and impressive.
This is a foolproof choice for many reasons. It has an integrated coffee extraction system. With a quick pre-heating setup, it’s a sturdy and eloquent choice. You can brew different cup sizes from espresso to Lungo.
It is ideal for brewing cappuccinos, lattes, and other specialty drinks. Thanks to the superb and ergonomic Aeroccino milk frother. It’s a top of the line choice for home coffee brewing. So simple and quick to use.
Consider this as your coffee station. It has the frother, the espresso machine, and some extra room for holding small espresso cups. The platform is easy to clean including the drip tray and water tank. Speaking of the drip tray, it’s also adjustable to a great extent.
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules. Compact Brewing Unit Technology
- Thermoblock heating element - Fast preheating time: 30 seconds
- Folding drip tray accommodates tall recipe glasses - Automatic and programmable coffee volume quantity
- Backlit LED water level detection indicators
- Holds 10 used capsules. Removable water tank: 24 oz or 0.7 L, 1 year warranty from date of purchase and registration
Nothing can stop you from drinking coffee every morning. But a lot of factors can ruin your day if not done right. Such as buying a coffee maker that produces bitter and too strong a cup of coffee. The Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker is small but powerful.
Installing this machine quick and easy. It has a welcome kit with 16 pods of a variety of flavors. It heats up the water to the optimal brewing temperature. And it’s faster than you think – given its small size.
The thing that really attracts my attention is the brewing consistency. It produces a rich and flavorful cup of coffee every time. No matter the blend of coffee and time of day/night. The back LED lights on the water tank are informative. You know when the water is less and needs refilling.
The spigot, drip tray, and pod storage are all made well. Not the most premium choice on the list. But it’ll last for a comfortable time without any fuss. The parts are easy to clean. Some are even removable like the drip tray and water tank.
- Performance: Create a barista-style coffee or Espresso drinks every time, thanks to our one-touch operation and extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure.
- Size: Discover the newest and smallest ever single-serve Espresso maker from espresso by De'Longhi, without compromising on exceptional Coffee and espresso moments. This compact Espresso machine is effortlessly portable and features a sleek design and modern smooth lines, allowing it to fit into anywhere saving valuable counter space.
- Energy efficient Coffee machine: In just one touch, the water reaches the ideal serving temperature in under 30 seconds and an energy saving mode automatically switches off the machine after 9 minutes.
- Complimentary gift: Each Espresso machine includes an Espresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profile.
- Versatility: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1. 35 oz.) and Lungo (5 oz.) buttons, making Essen mini a great coffee maker for all you single-serve coffee needs. Pour over ice to create your favorite Iced Coffee drinks.
Something affordable and performance-driven, the Nespresso Essenza is a fine choice. It has amazing features that pack a punch. All in a compact, lightweight, and sturdy construction. The red color suits the style and performance of this espresso machine.
This best Nespresso machine is a home favorite. It meets all your expectations. In terms of design, quality, and performance. The body is metal so it’s smooth and durable. The black and red color combination has a nice feel and touch to it.
The features are accessible and easy to understand. It produces a rich and smooth coffee texture. The kind that fills the room with a bittersweet and strong coffee aroma. So it’s not just the flavor of coffee that wakes you up. It’s the smell too!
The machine is energy efficient with a 9 minutes automatic shut off feature. And it brings the water to the perfect brewing temperature in under 30 seconds. This is for every single cup of coffee. So the brewing and extraction process is consistent and accurate.
- Includes Aeroccino Plus milk frother: rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth; Items sold separately valued at 398
- New revolutionary Centrifusion technology to gently brew both Coffee and Espresso with one touch of a button
- Capsule recognition and code reading technology for blend-specific parametric brewing; Two capsule sizes, large for Coffee and small for Espresso
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; For use with Nespresso VertuoLine capsules only; Not compatible with Nespresso Original Line capsules
- Removable used capsule container holds 13-20 used capsules; Automatic off mode after 9 minutes of inactivity; Fast heat up time 15 seconds
The VertuoLine of Nespresso is unique and advanced. It has everything you need to brew good and rich coffee. Though it’s an old model, it’s nothing short of extraordinary. If what you need is a milk frother and an espresso maker.
After reading the reviews of this product, the VertuoLine is a premium choice. It gives you the original coffee taste and a precise way to brew it. There’s no guesswork. No hassle of calibrating this or that setting. It all works smoothly and effectively.
The machine, all in all, is easy to clean. It’s a practical choice for the win. Especially the brewing temperatures that remain consistent throughout. The coffee is strong and rich. It detects the coffee blend for a small or large cup.
The espresso is dense and creamy. The perfect combination of frothy milk. All thanks to the milk frother that’s easy to use. It has measure markings inside for how much milk you need per cup. You can use this machine daily and it would still feel brand new.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s the caffeine content in a Nespresso pod/capsule?
That’s a good question (and an important) question. The caffeine content is a coffee pod that is not less than 50mg. And not more than 65mg. Now, this also depends on the size of the coffee pod. If it’s Lungo, it’s a bit more than the standard Espresso shot.
Lungo coffee pods contain 75 to 90mg of caffeine per cup. The serving size of an Espresso shot is about 40ml of coffee. And of a Lungo is more than twice as much in size (not in caffeine) and that is 110ml.
If you know anything about coffee, it’s this. That the serving size does not affect the caffeine content of a cup. It all depends on the roasting process and the coffee origin. This begs another important question.
Do Nespresso pods expire?
All Nespresso pods and capsules come with an expiry date. The box that they come in usually has a manufacturing and expiration date. Although, even if you do choose to brew an expired pod/capsule, it won’t be spoilt. Rather, the quality of the coffee will differ from a fresh pod.
Having said that, Nespresso capsules and pods have a best-before date of 12 months or so.
How many times to descale a Nespresso machine?
Unless your Nespresso machine has a descaling indicator that lets you know when. It’s best to descale a Nespresso machine after 6 months. That is if you brew 1-2 cups daily. Otherwise, the rough number is after brewing 600 cups of coffee.
Descaling is an important factor of consideration in the Nespresso machine. If your machine has a descaling indicator, that’s great! It does the best possible calibration and health check to know what’s best for you. So if something is not working right, you can always fix it with a quick descaling cycle.
My favorite is the Nespresso VertuoPlus Espresso Machine. It is at a comfortable price point. It can fit almost anywhere on your kitchen counter. And it’s versatile in the way it extracts coffee for every cup.
This, among many other excellent choices, makes Nespresso look good. You can use a Nespresso machine with complete ease. They support multiple cup sizes, brewing settings, and some include a milk frother.
Whether it’s Nespresso Essenza or Pixie or Lattissima, you want style and function. And that’s exactly what Nespresso machines are built to offer. The rich crema and dark and strong espresso under it, that’s all you need in these difficult times!
I am Ralph Mason and I am a passionate coffee drinker. I worked as a barista for a few years and since 2012 I have been trying to convince as many people as possible of good coffee.
I started writing on the barista blog on RepublikCoffeeBar in 2018. It was a pure hobby site and I tested coffee products like coffee machines, beans, mug, and other accessories. After the first year, my blog is becoming a well-known coffee site with about 100 thousand visits per month.
In 2019 I decided to focus on RepublikCoffeeBar only. I became a full-time coffee blogger and was declared crazy by many.