There’s no doubt about it: if you’re after a quick, practical and hassle-free brew, Keurig coffee makers are the best solution. Pioneers of the coffee capsule industry thanks to their handy K-Cups, this company offers a versatile range of options for everyone. So you’ll be sure to find the best Keurig coffee maker to match your needs and kitchen counter.
However, if you’re desperately craving a one-cup coffee maker but are worried about the environmental footprint of single-use plastic capsules, relax: the best Keurig coffee makers can also accommodate the company’s innovative My K-Cup reusable filter. Although it must be purchased separately, it will certainly save you a lot of money in the long run and will allow you to use the freshest grounds.
Now, let’s waste no time and help you find the best Keurig coffee maker for you!
Best Keurig Coffee Maker: Quick Summary
Best Keurig Coffee Maker: Top 10 in 2020
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
Well, you simply can’t go wrong with a classic! Also known as K55, this iconic Keurig coffee maker is a great choice for java lovers who haven’t got a lot of time on their hands but would still enjoy a few customizable options. Available in black or rhubarb red, you can either complement the style of your kitchen or make sure that your coffee maker stands out.
The upgraded version of the already popular K50, this Keurig coffee maker is proof of how this company likes to blend tradition and innovation to suit their customers’ needs.
The Keurig K-Classic is a practical and rather compact model that will easily fit on any countertop. It hasn’t got the customizable features or shiny display of fancier models. But that’s simply because it caters to a different type of coffee lovers: those who usually take their coffee in the same way, but would still like to have the option to play with different brew sizes.
The removable 48oz reservoir lets you enjoy a whole week-worth of coffee before worrying about refilling it, and the automatic descale feature makes the cleaning process effortless.
Whether you enjoy your usual coffee at home or always end up rushing and drinking it on your commute, this coffee maker will easily match your needs thanks to the removable drip tray that can fit most travel cups.
No wonder it’s such an iconic all-time favorite!
- COMPACT: Small and personal; great for small spaces and portable design goes anywhere
- BREW SIZES: Brews your perfect amount, any cup size between 6 10 oz. Use the 6 oz. cup size for a bolder brew
- WATER RESEVOIR: Single cup water reservoir for ultimate portability – just add fresh water for each brew
- DRIP TRAY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 5.2” tall, and holds a full accidental brew for easy clean up
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Automatic shut off turns the brewer off after each brew, helping to save energy. Material: Plastic
Are you happy to give up a few features in favor of an even more affordable coffee maker? Or perhaps you don’t actually drink coffee every single day and feel like a big reservoir could result in stagnant water? The humble but reliable Keurig K15 might be the answer to your prayers!
The Keurig K15 is a no-frill machine that does exactly what it’s designed for: brew coffee. No fancy features, no ridiculous price tags. Just your favorite brew in three different sizes (6, 8 or 10oz).
To help you optimize your precious countertop space, it doesn’t come with any bulky reservoirs: you must simply fill up your mug with water, chuck it into the coffee maker, and brew your coffee. This will also ensure that you always use fresh water!
Even though it hasn’t got any glamorous features, the Keurig K15 will still make your life easier by allowing you to fit all sorts of mugs and travel mugs, and by automatically switching itself off after 90 seconds of inactivity.
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: One water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best
- BREWS MULTIPLE CUP SIZES: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12oz Enjoy the most popular cup sizes
- STRONG BREW BUTTON: Increases the strength and bold taste of your coffee’s flavor
- ICED SETTING: Brew hot over ice at the touch of a button for full-flavored, delicious iced coffee
- HOT WATER ON DEMAND BUTTON: Perfect for instant soups or oatmeal
If, to you, your first coffee of the day isn’t just a primary necessity to be gulped down while rushing to work, but is a premium moment to appreciate… oh, you’re going to love the K-Elite! With its highly customizable features, advanced technology, and premium look, it’s going to take your coffee experience to the next level.
If you want to spoil yourself and tweak every possible variable of your single-serve coffee experience, look no further than the glamorous Keurig K-Elite. This coffee maker offers 5 brew sizes (4 and 12oz as well as the three usual ones) and even has a Strong Brew option to cater for those I-need-a-tougher-caffeine-kick kinds of mornings. What surprised us the most was to find a brew temperature control option, which is very rare in Keurig models and one-cup machines in general: it lets you adjust the brewing temperature between 187 and 192°F. If you live at particularly high altitudes, you’ll find a setting to ensure the best results in this situation, too!
The K-Elite also provides hot water on demand, allowing you to easily switch to tea whenever you fancy a change or to have a quick bowl of oatmeal with your brew.
Not only it minimizes its noise thanks to the Quiet Brew Technology: if you want to enjoy your coffee ASAP in the morning, you can program the K-Elite to wake up just before you do, so that it’s piping hot by the time you bring yourself to leave the bed.
Given its 75oz reservoir, the Keurig K-Elite is ideal for larger households, and, being available in three premium brushed finishes (Silver, Gold or Slate), it will be a beautiful and stylish addition to any kitchen.
- What’s in the box: One water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best.
- Brews multiple cup sizes: (6, 8, 10, 12 ounce). Enjoy the most popular cup sizes all with quiet brew technology, minimizing noise during use.
- Strong brew: Kicks up your coffee’s strength and intensity. Programmable auto off
- Large 52 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 5 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and get fast & fresh brewed, delicious coffee in minutes.
This coffee maker is a fantastic compromise if you crave a few more features than the most basic models but aren’t quite ready for the most expensive options. Giving you the best of both worlds, the K-Select combines customizability and practicality without inflating the price tag.
The Keurig K-Select allows you to brew 4 different cup sizes, opt for the Strong Brew feature whenever you need caffeine to come and save the day, and adjust it to ensure the best results if you live at a particularly high altitude.
The Quiet Brew Technology also means that it won’t wake up the entire household when you turn it on in the morning, which is always a plus.
Another handy feature is in its design: compact, practical and available in various colorful finishes, the K-Select has a fingerprint-resistant front, which means that you won’t have to deal with annoying smudges.
- Included in the box: Keurig k mini plus single serve coffee maker with pod storage unit that fits in your brewer and can hold upto 9 k cup pods
- Fast & fresh brewed: Coffee made in minutes
- Pod storage: Holds 9 k cup pods and fits in your brewer for ultimate portability and saves counter space
- Cord storage: For easy transport and tidy countertops
- Travel mug friendly: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs upto 7.0 inches tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup
Not all coffee makers require you to revolutionize your countertop! Less than 5-inch wide, the Keurig K-Mini Plus was specifically created to cater for coffee lovers with smaller kitchens and those who prefer a more minimalist design. Needless to say, you’ll easily fit it in your suitcase too: thanks to its size, cord storage and included pod container, you’ll now be able to enjoy your usual coffee when you’re on holiday, too! Nice one.
Like the K15, this model must be filled with water before each brew, but it offers you much more flexibility: you can brew any amount you want between 6 and 12oz, and even choose the Strong Brew option if it’s one of those mornings that desperately require it.
As well as fitting anywhere and allowing you to brew directly into travel mugs too, its beautiful matte finishes will make it a breeze to match your kitchen’s décor or palette: it’s currently available in delicate Dreamy Blue, Evening Teal or Cardinal Red tones, or the more versatile Black, White and Studio Gray.
Basically, it’s small but mighty (and delightfully stylish).
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5” wide, fits neatly on your countertop.
- MULTIPLE CUP WATER RESERVOIR: Removable 46 ounce reservoir lets you brew up to 4 cups before refilling. 8oz cup size
- 3 CUP SIZES: brew an 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup at the push of a button.
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Delicious coffee made in minutes.
- TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7. 0” tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup.
If you’ve fallen in love with the K-Mini Plus but are a bit put off by the fact that you’d have to fill it up before every single brew, we’ve got a solution for you: the Keurig K-Slim is also less than 5-inch wide, but a bit deeper because… well, it’s got a handy water reservoir!
We think the K-Mini Plus is just about perfect, but, if you can’t stand single-serve reservoirs, you’re not the only one: that’s why Keurig decided to introduce this new model.
The K-Slim includes a handy 46oz removable reservoir and lets you choose between an 8, 10 or 12oz brew. Despite its small size and focus on practicality, this model surprised us with a fancy high altitude setting.
It doesn’t come with all the colorful matte options offered by its cousin, but it’s currently available in a beautiful black design that is sure to complement any kitchen.
- Styled to impress, this Keurig coffee maker offers the features that everyone will value
- Touch screen interface: An advanced full color touchscreen interface with adjustable brew temperature and programmable auto on/off settings
- Pour over water reservoir: With a 90 ounce, easy to fill, removable water reservoir, you can make upto 18 cups before refilling; Full color lcd touchscreen
- Four brew sizes: Choose from four different brew sizes : 4 ounce, 6 ounce, 8 ounce or 10 ounce from strong to milder brewed beverages; because tastes differ
- Drain and store: Only Keurig commercial coffee makers offer the option to easily drain and remove water from the internal hot water tank for transport and storage
It’s hard to please everyone… except if you’re the Keurig Office PRO! This model is ideal for large households or, as the name suggests, for a work environment. Why? It has the largest Keurig water reservoir and lots of customizable features. No more arguing over coffee!
If you want to set yourself up for a guaranteed promotion or would like to become the boss of the year in your employees’ eyes, do yourself—and your colleagues—a favor and grab this bad boy for the office.
The Keurig K155 offers 4 brew sizes, allows you to tweak the brew temperature, and can even be set to follow your office’s 9-to-5 lifestyle thanks to its programmable features.
Unlike most Keurig models that come with traditional buttons, its interface consists of an intuitive full-color and touchscreen display.
Its distinctive feature, however, it’s the large 90oz water reservoir: perfect when you’re making coffee for the entire office, family or whenever you have guests around.
- What’s in the box: 12-cup glass carafe included with your brewer along with a heating plate to keep coffee hot.
- Brew a cup and a carafe: Use both ground coffee and k-cup pods. Height with handle open-17.63 H inch. Height with drip cover open-18 H inch
- Multiple brew sizes: Brew a 6, 8, 10, or 12-cup carafe and a 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup.
- Compatible with keurig gold tone mesh filter accessory: A reusable coffee filter you can use to brew your perfect carafe (sold separately).
- Large 60 ounce water reservoir: The 60 ounce water reservoir is shared between the single serve and carafe brewing, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
Have you got both someone who loves the convenience of single-serve coffee makers and someone who would never give up the freshness of drip coffee, in your household? Can you be both, depending on the situation? Instead of ending up with two separate coffee makers that take over your countertop space and plug usage, check out this two-in-one solution.
While lots of coffee lovers would never drink from K-Cups and some others would never give up their practicality, Keurig decided to cater to the quieter group of people who… you know, actually quite like both.
The left-hand side of this large brewer has a drip-style jug and a basket where you can add your fresh coffee grounds (you might want to consider purchasing a good burr grinder), whereas the other half maintains the K-Cup element that you’re accustomed to.
Thanks to its user-friendly interface, you can choose among a 6, 8, 10, and 12 size, which can either refer to cups if you’re brewing drip coffee or ounces if you’re sticking to K-Cups. But don’t worry: even if you go for the largest carafe option, the Pause & Pour feature means that you won’t need to wait until all the coffee has been brewed before enjoying your first cup of the day.
You can also opt for the strength control feature, altitude settings, and even program your drip coffee up to 24h in advance: how does the idea of waking up to the smell of a freshly-brewed jug of coffee sound?
- What’s in the box: 12 cup thermal carafe and mesh reusable ground coffee filter included with your brewer
- Brew a cup and a carafe: Use both ground coffee and k cup pods
- Strong brew: Brew a stronger, more intense single cup and carafe
- Multiple brew sizes: Brew a 6, 8, 10, or 12 cup carafe and a 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup
- Multi position 60 ounce; Water reservoir: Can be positioned to the right, left, or along the back of the brewer to optimize counter space
Did you like everything you’ve just heard about the K-Duo but don’t think that it would fit on your countertop? Worried about the hot plate stewing your perfectly-extracted coffee? Of course we’ve got a solution for you! Or, better… Keurig does. The K-Duo Plus has all the perks of the basic model, but is more compact and comes with a shiny stainless-steel carafe instead of glass.
Still faithful to K-Cups and, when purchased separately, the reusable My K-Cup, the K-Duo Plus brings filter coffee to the next level. Not only does it come with a reusable gold-tone mesh filter that eliminates the need for disposable paper ones, but it also replaces the glass carafe with a stylish stainless-steel model. You still have all the size options available with the K-Duo, but you can now be sure that your coffee will be just as hot and tasty when you enjoy it an hour or two after brewing it.
It also solves the space problem by offering you a multi-position reservoir: whether you need to squeeze it in-between two other appliances or haven’t got a deep enough countertop, you’ll be able to adjust it accordingly.
If you’re happy to pay a bit more money for a better drip coffee experience and a more practical design, we definitely recommend going for the Plus model.
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos.
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: Just insert any K-Cup pod and use the button controls to brew delicious coffee, or make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- LARGE 60oz WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- SMART START: Your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings.
Feeling the barista vibes? The K-Café will allow you to enjoy coffeehouse-style drinks from the comfort of your home. You’ll be guaranteed to impress your guests with your impeccable frothy beverages!
The signature element of the K-Café is its magical milk frother, that you can easily use for dairy-free alternatives too. All you need to do to craft the perfect milky drink is to press the Shot button to brew an espresso-style coffee, decide whether you want a latte or a frothier cappuccino, and press the right button on the milk frother. Easy peasy.
When you just need a good old cup of black coffee you can choose among 4 sizes and activate the Strong Brew option whenever you wish.
The large removable water reservoir means that you won’t need to fill it up every other day, and, because the drip tray, milk frother, and K-Cup holder are all dishwasher-safe, the cleaning process will be a breeze. If you love it but would rather go for an even fancier look, check out the Keurig K-Café Special Edition, which includes metal details and a premium nickel-colored finish.
However, if you’re really excited about the milky options but don’t think you’ll drink traditional K-Cup coffee just as often, you could consider the best Ninja coffee makers instead.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHICH IS THE BEST KEURIG TO BUY?
The best Keurig to buy is simply the model that matches your routine and coffee preferences the most, so it all depends on the level of customization that you’re after. The K-Elite would certainly be the most premium choice. However, we also think that the practical K-Classic is one of the best Keurig coffee makers because it keeps things simple and at a very good price while allowing you to choose among a few different cup sizes.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COFFEE PODS AND K-CUPS?
Coffee pods and K-Cups are often used as synonyms but are actually very different products! Flat and round, coffee pods are biodegradable filters made of paper. K-Cups are a brand of plastic coffee capsules, but are usually only compatible with Keurig coffee makers: you can’t put a Nespresso capsule inside a Keurig machine and vice versa.
WHICH KEURIG USES A REUSABLE FILTER?
The reusable My K-Cup filter is now compatible with all the coffee makers included in Keurig’s current range. We highly recommend investing in one of these cheap filters to help tackle the waste problem generated by single-use K-Cups. Plus, using your own grounds will be much cheaper in the long run, and results in a fresher cup of coffee.
CAN YOU MAKE ESPRESSO WITH A KEURIG?
No, you can’t make espresso with a Keurig coffee maker because these machines can’t reach the required 9 bars of pressure to brew this particular type of coffee. Some Keurig models, such as the K-Café, feature a Shot option, which results in a more concentrated shot of black coffee. If you want the real thing, check out the best espresso machines.
Thanks to its wide and diverse range and, especially, to these 10 best Keurig coffee makers, this company truly has something for everyone. The most basic Keurig models are perfect if you just want to enjoy a quick cup of coffee in the morning, but some others will allow you a higher level of customization, from different cup sizes to Strong Brew options and temperature control.
Other Keurig coffee makers are ideal to enjoy two different types of coffee (K-Cups and drip or frothy drinks), meaning that you won’t need to compromise or spend even more money on two separate machines.
Which one do you like the sound of the most?