It is a known fact that Italy is the epicenter of coffee lovers. In Italy, making espresso is a cherished aspect of their national culture. Many coffee enthusiasts across the globe believe that with the Italians’ years of experience and expertise in coffee brewing, they make the best Italian espresso machines. This is true as Italian coffee machines are designed and built using sophisticated technology. As such, these appliances are reliable and efficient. Our top pick for the best Italian espresso machines is the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso Coffee Machine. Featuring a patented “Cappuccino System” frother that blends milk and steam to create a rich and creamy froth.
- Top 6 Best DeLonghi Espresso Machines: Reviews, Buying Guide & FAQs
- Top 6 Best Commercial Espresso Machines: Comparisons, Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
- Top 10 Best Home Espresso Machines: Reviews, Consumer Report, Buying Guide & FAQs
Top 5 Best Italian Espresso Machines (Buying Guide& Reviews)
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8 ounces. Coffee grounds container- 14 cups or after 72 hours from first use. Maximum cup height- 4.25 inches
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean "Direct-to-Brew" system. Use your favorite coffee beans to create your perfect espresso. Beans with less visible oil, usually a medium roast, are recommended for best grinder performance
- MAINTENANCE: De’Longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly. The machine does not deliver coffee, but only water is caused due to ground coffee may be blocked in the funnel. Remove the ground coffee inside the funnel, using a plastic knife. Then clean the infuser and the inside of the machine. If machine is noisy refer manual; Energy saving: With 3 hour automatic shut off
- Included Components: Charcoal water filter
It is undoubtedly true that De’Longhi is one of the best coffee machine brands in the market. This manufacturer prioritizes on designing and developing the best and most reliable coffee makers. True to this, the ESAM3300 Super-Automatic Espresso machine by this brand is exclusively designed for performance and reliability. For starters, this coffee maker comes with a patented grinder that grinds your coffee beans instantly for a freshly brewed cup of coffee.
Programmable menu settings
This De’Longhi coffee maker comes with an easy-to-use rotary 7 push-button control panel that is packed with programmable menu settings. The control panel allows for easy and effortless operation of the coffee maker when inputting your preferred settings. The soft-touch buttons on the control panel come with preset functions so that you are able to brew your espresso instantly. The beans container in this appliance has a capacity of 8.8 ounces while the coffee grounds container has a 14 cups capacity. The maximum cup height for the coffee maker is 4.25 inches and as such, you can use a wide variety of cup sizes on the coffee maker.
This De’Longhi coffee maker requires easy maintenance compared to other brands in the market. For starters, unlike other coffee makers that require monthly chemical cleaning tablets, this model has a self-cleaning concept that cleans the machine periodically thereby preventing clogging. When cleaning this machine, all you need to do is clean the infuser and run water through the system.
The patented “Direct-to-Brew” system in this coffee machine grinds your coffee beans instantly so that you are able to enjoy fresh and delicious cup of coffee. This coffee appliance allows you to prepare your coffee using your favorite and preferred coffee beans for a perfect espresso. It is recommendable to use beans with less visible oil such as medium roast beans as they yield the best grinder performance.
The manual frother in the coffee maker mixes milk and steam to create an amazingly rich and creamy froth for an evenly textured drink. This gives you an opportunity to enjoy a personalized brewing experience. The coffee maker boasts of consistent performance with each cup being automatically brewed to your preferred richness, density and perfect temperature.
- FROTHING FOR MILK BEVERAGES: Pannarello wand frothing for cappuccinos & lattes. Wand doubles as a hot water dispenser for americanos & tea.
- EASY ACCESS: The dregs drawer, drip tray, and water tank are all within reach and accessible from the front of the machine for quick and easy cleaning and maintenance.Volts:110V-120V
- USER-FRIENDLY DISPLAY: Push-button controls and an LED display with illuminated icons make for an easy and intuitive experience.Watts:1250 W
- RAPID STEAM TECHNOLOGY: Quick heat up times and robust brewing and steaming operations. Coffee bean capacity : 250 gr
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Hassle free 1 year warranty handled by Gaggia directly
Gaggia has a solid reputation for designing and developing some of the best coffee makers and accessories in the market. The Brera coffee maker by this brand boasts of being a compact super- automatic coffee machine that is capable of brewing a wide variety of coffee from cappuccino to espresso among other varieties. The Pannarello wand in the appliance makes it possible for you to steam and foam milk until it is evenly smooth and velvety thereby making it perfect for topping off hot cocoa or lattes.
The compact design of the Gaggia Brera coffee machine allows for easy access to the coffee maker and its accessories. The drip tray, water tank, and dregs drawer are easily accessible from the front of the machine as they are within an arm’s reach. The ease of access of the coffee machine and its accessories also provides for quick, easy and effortless cleaning.
The user-friendly display in the coffee machine features push-button controls coupled with an LED display. This display comes with illuminated icons that make it easy and intuitive to operate the machine. The simple interface in this coffee maker allows for easy operation of the appliance when brewing your favorite coffee variety. The stainless-steel front panel in the coffee maker is not only attractive but also designed to enhance the durability and overall performance of the Gaggia Brera.
Gaggia Adapting System
The adapting system in this Gaggia Brera coffee maker doubles as a smart function that learns your coffee brewing patterns and adjusts how the grinder works to accommodate your coffee beans of preference. It is worth noting that this system makes it easy to brew coffee quickly and instantly.
What is more amazing about this coffee maker is that it features a rapid steam technology that brings about robust brewing & steaming operations, and quick heat up. This goes a long way in considerably reducing the time taken to froth and brew your coffee. This super-automatic espresso machine is a breeze to operate and use in brewing espresso.
#3, Espresso Machines 15 Bar Cappuccino Machine with Milk Frother for Espresso, Latte and Mocha, 1.5L Removable Water Tank & Double Temperature Control- Best value Italian espresso machine
- ☕【15 BAR ENSURE THE BEST FLAVORS】: 15 bar professional imported Italian pump, with 1050W powerful pressure to extract coffee, which makes the coffee can release the best flavors. It is easy to form beautiful coffee crema and a smooth taste.
- ☕ 【PROFESSIONAL MILK FROTHING WAND】: Frothing milk for cappuccino and latte by hot steam want. Steam dryness control, which can produce silky and smooth milk foam better. The professional frothing wand mixes steam and milk in order to create a rich, dense and creamy froth for every drinks. SUS304 stainless steel nipple is not easy to rust.
- ☕ 【DOUBLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】: With an accurate dual temperature control system, the temperature of water and the taste of milk foam, foam, coffee and milk can be adjusted to achieve the ideal state. Make sure to extract coffee at 198℉ and steam at 212℉. The double-volume boiler can produce more hot water and steam.
- ☕ 【STAINLESS STEEL, STYLISH AND DURABLE】Stainless steel appearance, stylish and durable, and the small size is very suitable for household use. Equipped with indicator light, easy to operate. The port filter has a double-layer filter and a double-cup splitter, which can make two cups of espresso at the same time. The separated transparent water tank is convenient for observation.
- ☕ 【PROMISE & SERVICE】: Consumers will get TWO-YEAR Promise of this Espresso Machine. If you have any problem of this machine, Please feel free to contact with us, we will give you the best solution as soon as possible.
Gevi as a brand focuses on integrating practicality, powerful functional qualities, and simple good ideas in its products to enhance performance, reliability, and dependability. This espresso machine by the brand features an excellent innovative design that not only makes it space efficient but also makes it easy to operate and use. The semi-automatic coffee brewer promises to deliver the best quality espresso from the comfort of your home. One of the most unique aspects about this coffee machine is that it is an easy to maintain appliance.
15 bar pressure
The 15-bar professional Italian pump in this coffee maker is rated at 1050W and generates enough pressure for extracting coffee. The efficiency of this pressure pump is seen in the fact that it is reliable in releasing the best flavors. This in turn translates to a sweet and delicious coffee variety. Additionally, the pressure makes it possible to form a beautiful and delicious coffee crema as well as a smooth taste.
The best thing about this coffee maker is that it comes with a professional milk frothing wand that makes it effortless to froth milk for latte and cappuccino using hot steam. The steam dryness control in this coffee maker produces a silky, smooth and rich milk foam. This professional wand mixes milk and steam to create a rich, dense and uniquely creamy froth for all your coffee drinks. The stainless-steel nipple in the wand is resistant to rust and corrosion.
Double temperature control
The accurate double temperature control system in this coffee machine allows for the precise adjustment of water, foam, coffee and milk temperatures to achieve the ideal brewing state. It is advisable to extract the coffee at 198 degrees Fahrenheit and steam at 212 degrees Fahrenheit. It is worth noting that the double-volume boiler in the coffee maker has the capability of producing more steam and hot water than other standard brewers.
The stainless-steel appearance of this Espresso brewer not only enhances its décor but also improves the durability of the appliance. Stainless steel is known to be resistant to rusting and corrosion and also has scratch-resistant surfaces. This brewer is equipped with an indicator light that alerts you when the machine is turned on. The port filter in the brewer features a double-layer filter as well as a double-cup splitter, which makes two espresso cups at once. The transparent water tank in the brewer makes it easy to monitor water levels.
#4, Espresso Machines 15 Bar Coffee Machine with Milk Frother Wand for Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte and Mocha, Double Temperature Control System- Best budget Italian espresso machine
- ☕【DIFFERENT FLAVORS OF COFFEE】: Semi-automatic 2-In-1 Espresso coffee maker with milk wand, whatever your preference, choose your strength with classic Espresso, cappuccino, or producing steam to heat liquids or beverage. The steam wand can be used to make hot beverages like drinking chocolate, water or tea.
- ☕【15 BAR PRESSURE SYSTEM】: With the professional pressure pump, water pressure instantly through the coffee powder, which is ensure the high quality of espresso every time. 15 bar high pressure extraction makes espresso more fragrant and rich in crema.
- ☕【DOUBLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】: Adjust the temperature of water and milk foam respectively, so that the taste of coffee and milk foam can reach the ideal state. Observe the espresso machine temperature at any time with the thermometer. After preheating, the observed temperature pointer points to the proper temperature, then press the extraction button when the temperature reaches.
- ☕【FROTHING WAND】: Frothing milk for cappuccino and latte by hot steam wand. You can turn the side rotating button to adjust the steam release and control the milk foam. The professional frothing wand mixes steam and milk in order to create a rich, dense and creamy froth for every drink.
- ☕【PROMISE& SERVICE】: Consumers will get TWO-YEAR Promise of this Brew and Grind Coffee Machine. If you have any problem of this machine, please feel free to contact with us, we will give you the best solution as soon as possible.
This exceptionally unique and attractive-looking Espresso Machines 15Bar Coffee Brewer is yet another professional-grade semi-automatic espresso machine for serious coffee aficionados. The uncluttered design of the appliance makes it compact and hence ideal for use on all countertops even in less-spacious kitchens. This coffee brewer delivers superior espresso shots with every brew cycle. Its exterior surfaces look striking and rhyme perfectly with other appliances in your kitchen.
Different coffee flavors
This 2-in-1 semi-automatic Espresso coffee maker comes with a milk wand that enhances the versatility and flexibility of brewing whichever coffee flavor you prefer. Additionally, the machine has an easily customizable brewing process that enables you to choose your preferred coffee strength with cappuccino or classic Espresso or even produce steam for heating beverages or liquids. You can use the steam wand to prepare hot beverages such as water, tea or drinking chocolate.
The professional pressure pump in this coffee maker generates up to 15 bar pressure that ensures that you brew high quality espresso at all times. In addition to this, the pressure system in the coffee maker allows for efficient flavor extraction from your coffee for a rich and delicious cup of coffee. What’s more to note about this pressure system is that it makes your coffee rich in crema and more fragrant.
Double temperature control
If you are shopping for an Italian espresso machine that allows you to adjust the temperature of milk foam and water respectively, then this is the ideal machine for you. This is because the appliance features a double temperature control that allows you to control the temperature of your ingredients as you wish. In addition to this, the coffee machine comes with a thermometer that lets you observe the machine’s temperature throughout the brewing process. The temperature in this appliance doubles as a smart function such that after preheating, the temperature pointer points to the right temperature, thereby prompting you to press the button for extraction.
The hot steam wand in this espresso coffee machine is designed for frothing milk for lattes and cappuccinos. When you want to control the milk foam and adjust the hot steam release, you just need to rotate the side rotation button. This professional wand mixes milk and steam to create a dense, creamy froth for all your drinks.
#5, Gaggia R19380/46 Classic Pro Espresso Machine, Solid, Brushed Stainless Steel- Best commercial grade Italian espresso maker
- Rugged Brushed Stainless Steel housing
- Commercial three-way solenoid valve. Capacity water tank - 2,1 liter
- Commercial-style 58mm chrome-plated brass portability and brew group
- Commercial steam wand. Rotating steam want movement type
- Easy-to-use rocker switch controls
If you are shopping for an Italian commercial grade coffee machine, then you should look no further than at the Gaggia R19380/46 Classic Pro Machine. Featuring a functional design, this coffee maker is easy to use and is incredibly reliable for heavy-duty brewing. The stainless-steel housing of the appliance is rugged and brushed for a decorative finish as well as durability. This is a machine that is designed to hold up well against wear and tear, thereby enhancing the life of the coffee machine.
The components in this Gaggia espresso machine are commercial grade and hence incredibly strong and sturdy. The 2.1-liter capacity water tank coupled with the commercial (three-way) solenoid valve provide for limitless brewing capabilities. As such, the coffee machine is designed to meet the demands and needs of commercial brewing. The pressurized filter baskets in this coffee machine are high quality and deliver a thick crema layer and consistent shot quality. What is more unique about this coffee machine is that you can use this commercial basket with your custom grinder for the best café-quality espresso.
The commercial style portafilter in this coffee machine is yet another unique feature about this appliance. The portafilter features a durable chrome brass 58mm construction that matches the size and style of portafilters in commercial coffee machines. This guarantees that you are able to enjoy the best performance and reliability from the coffee machine throughout its life.
The solid stainless-steel frame in this Gaggia coffee maker has been expertly redesigned for an exclusive streamlined appearance as well as enhanced access to the water tank. The pump mounts in the coffee machine have also been improved to possess superior mounting so as to dampen the noise produced when brewing. This results into a quitter brewing experience so that the appliance does not become a noise polluter.
The control panel in this Classic Pro coffee maker is split up in three switches; power, steaming, and brewing. Each of these switches comes with its own indicator light that alerts you when the machine is powered on, ready to steam, and ready to brew. The switches are clearly labelled and as such, the operation of the machine is quite straightforward. The dual heating elements in the boiler heats it instantly thereby making it ideal to start brewing within 5 minutes and get the steam ready in 30 seconds.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that choosing the espresso machine made in Italy can be overly overwhelming for both novice and experienced coffee enthusiasts. This is mostly because there are tons of options, features, and functions to compare and consider. This buying guide will break it down to you so that you can identify the dos and don’ts when shopping for these coffee machines. Some of the factors that you should consider when you are shopping for these coffee makers are such as:
This is the first aspect that you should put to consideration when you are shopping for any coffee maker. What is the output capacity of the Italian espresso machine of choice? Are you shopping for a coffee machine for home use or commercial use in a restaurant? Whichever the case, it is only right that you opt for a coffee maker that will meet your capacity needs and demands. Machines with limited brewing capacity can prove to be quite limiting and inconveniencing in the long run.
Output and power consumption
A coffee machine does not need to raise your power bills unnecessarily high. This is why you need to check the power rating of any espresso coffee machine that you are interested in. Output and power consumption go hand in hand in that a coffee machine with a high output is most likely to consume more power. For commercial grade appliances, power consumption is considerably higher than domestic use coffee machines. However, whichever type you are shopping for, it is advisable to search for energy efficient models.
Certifications are the best way of knowing whether or not the coffee machine of choice has met the set industry standards and regulations. When you are shopping for Italian Espresso machines, you need to ensure that the brand and model of choice meets the food safety laws in your area. This is particularly important and necessary for commercial espresso machines. You should only invest in a brand that meets all the regulations and certification needs in your locality.
While most people presume that budget is not a crucial consideration factor, it actually is. Drafting a budget will make it easy and effortless for you to land the best coffee machine. The price of these coffee machines ranges from a few tens of dollars to a couple of hundreds and thousands of dollars. Pricier coffee machines tend to possess increased performance consistency, reliability and overall build quality. However, it is also possible to find an affordable machine that prides itself in unique and exclusive features as well as performance. However, always avoid extremely cheap coffee machines as their quality and reliability may not be the best. As such, you may end up losing your hard-earned cash.
Ease of operation
Always settle on an Italian espresso machine that is easy to operate. This is because a complex coffee maker can prove to be quite problematic to operate. Machines with preset functions are usually the best choice as they are usually easy to operate and use. Ideally, you should only opt for a coffee maker that will be exciting and fun to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a portafilter?
It is the device that coffee is ground into before being placed into the coffee machine to brew espresso. Portafilter is an acronym derived from the words portable and filter.
What is the meaning of espresso?
The best description to the word espresso is coffee brewed when hot water or steam is forced through fine ground and dark roasted coffee beans. This coffee is usually rich in flavor and is usually delicious.
Why is espresso extremely strong?
Espresso is usually strong as it is prepared using more ground coffee (than for drip) and pressurized water. A combination of these factors results in a high caffeine concentration than drip coffee.
Why isn’t my expresso creamy?
There are a number of reasons why your espresso may not be creamy. Some of the top reasons are such as under-extraction, over-extraction, and grind coarseness. These factors have a direct impact on the crema of your espresso. If you notice that the crema goes away within less than a minute, then you may have done the extraction too fast or your coffee roast was too light.
Italian espresso machines just like Italian fashion or Italian cars are popular for their perfect combination of quality and style. If you are keen on enjoying a delicious cup of espresso, then these machines are the perfect choice for you. Overall, these machines are designed to appeal to everyone who places value on style as well as those who do not wish to compromise on the quality of the espresso they take. Search for the appliance that ticks all the boxes so that you are able to get the best value for your hard-earned cash.
I am Ralph Mason and I am a passionate coffee drinker. I worked as a barista for a few years and since 2012 I have been trying to convince as many people as possible of good coffee.
I started writing on the barista blog on RepublikCoffeeBar in 2018. It was a pure hobby site and I tested coffee products like coffee machines, beans, mug, and other accessories. After the first year, my blog is becoming a well-known coffee site with about 100 thousand visits per month.
In 2019 I decided to focus on RepublikCoffeeBar only. I became a full-time coffee blogger and was declared crazy by many.