There’s always something you can buy that combines your two favorite drinks. Right now, it’s the best dual coffee makers with a carafe and single-serve. With the help of this fantastic machine, you can brew a single cup to a full pot. But a dual coffee maker has more benefits that just size. Most dual coffee brewers are compatible with K-cups, pods, and ground coffee. So it is versatile and convenient to use.
You need the help of multiple features to brew your daily coffee. That could be adjusting your brew strength, temperature, or size needs. Thanks to these dual coffee makers, you have coffee in many ways too. It’s only a matter of looking at the right product.
Our top pick for the best dual coffee makers is the Hamilton Beach 49976 FlexBrew Coffee Maker. This coffee maker prides itself in three brewing options that allow you to customize the brewing process to suit your needs. This programmable coffee maker is easy to operate and comes with an easy-touch control panel.
Top 8 Best Dual Coffee Makers
- THREE WAYS TO BREW. Brew up to 12 cups with ground coffee on the carafe side or use dual purpose single serving to brew a pod or ground coffee on the other. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options
- SINGLE-CUP COFFEE MAKER. Brew a cup with a K-Cup pod, another pod brand, or ground coffee. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options and the cup rest removes so you can brew into a tall travel mug
- BREW A FULL POT OF COFFEE: This programmable coffee maker has Easy-Touch programming for wake-up ready coffee. After brewing, coffee stays warm for 2 hours and the power automatically shuts off. AutoPause & Pour lets you pour a cup as coffee brews
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR BREW STRENGTH: Control how strong you want your coffee with Select-a-Brew: regular and bold brewing options
- 2 SEPARATE EASY-FILL WATER RESERVOIRS: Each brewing side on this Hamilton Beach coffee maker has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window, so you always know exactly how much water to add
The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker is a smart and handy choice. It occupies less space than its predecessors and it’s more generous. Be that as it may, this powerhouse is so affordable to buy too. So it’s a great choice for you and your family.
This best dual coffee maker has intuitive features and design. If it’s a dual coffee maker, it supports single-serve and a full pot. But that’s not just for serving coffee hot and aromatic. The machine has two different water reservoirs too. One for single-serve and the other for a carafe.
This flexibility extends to the brew strength selector as well. You can choose from bold and regular coffee for your preferred size. You can program it quickly and set the time for when you want coffee.
The auto pause feature allows you to serve a quick cup. This is the ideal choice if you’re brewing for the entire family. The 12-cup carafe is easy to handle and clean. It has a strong handle and spout which is drip-free. And the machine supports K-cups and ground coffee.
- Brew multiple brew sizes, ranging from a pod free single cup or travel mug, all the way up to a full Carafe
- Hot brewing lets you enjoy a bold, flavorful cup of hot coffee or tea; Or brew over ice to create full flavored, refreshing iced beverages
- Brew your favorite style of tea, whether you use tea bags or loose leaf, with the specially designed tea brew basket
- Auto IQ one touch intelligence technology
- Built in frother turns hot or cold milk into silky smooth froth in seconds, with nothing more than the press of a button; The thermal Carafe is not dishwasher safe
When a dual coffee machine like the Ninja can brew 10 cups and a cup; it’s hard to resist. Ninja cares for all your varied coffee tastes and preferences. And if you’re like me, you love keeping your coffee habits different every morning. This coffee maker lets you do that.
The customizability of this coffee machine is superb. It brews quickly. It even has a frother that prepares both hot and cold milk. You can make delicious cold coffees and cappuccinos in a matter of seconds.
The spout from where the coffee is served is high-quality. Under it, you can adjust the fold-away cup plate for a mug, a travel cup, or the 10-cup carafe.
The water reservoir is large and refillable. You can remove it for easy cleaning too. It’s the little features that count. The coffee holder, for example, has a smart scoop for accurate measurements.
>> Read more : Best Ninja Coffee Makers: Reviews, Consumer Report & FAQs.
- What’s in the box: 12 cup thermal carafe and mesh reusable ground coffee filter included with your brewer
- Brew a cup and a carafe: Use both ground coffee and k cup pods
- Strong brew: Brew a stronger, more intense single cup and carafe
- Multiple brew sizes: Brew a 6, 8, 10, or 12 cup carafe and a 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup
- Multi position 60 ounce; Water reservoir: Can be positioned to the right, left, or along the back of the brewer to optimize counter space
You’ve never seen anything like this before. The Keurig K-Duo Plus is smart and efficient. It works as a single-serve coffee maker and a carafe. It’s made of stainless steel so it’s strong. This is reassuring considering it’s a 12-cup carafe coffee maker.
The Duo Plus is a modern and functional choice. It offers a smooth and seamless interface. But with features that complement your every coffee mood. From K-cup to rich freshly ground coffee.
You can use flavors, different brew strengths, and roasts in this machine. It has an energy-efficient automatic shut-off. And a pre-programmable auto-brew function of 24 hours. So it’s time-controllable and quick.
The brew temperature and extraction are on point. If you’re looking for a 2-in-1 coffee maker, this is the one to go for.
- Front loading coffee maker. Input power (W): 1500
- Removable 40 ounce water reservoir for easy filling
- 24 hour programmable timer. Pump pressure (bar): 15
- Gold tone filter included
- Rated voltage/frequency (VHF): 115 V/ 60Hz. Rated voltage: 115 V
Get yourself a coffee machine that is barista-inspired. The DeLonghi gives you a pump espresso and a rich coffee brew. This means strong and crema-infused shots of espresso. Plus, a 10-cup carafe is full of dark and rich black coffee.
It’s okay to have high hopes for this one. It goes above and beyond to give you a classy coffee experience. It’s a proactive dual coffee maker with espresso and black coffee. Espresso shots are best for any milk-based drink. This includes cappuccinos and lattes. And black coffee is rich for black coffee.
This best dual coffee maker gives you both. You can brew coffee in its strong and sturdy carafe. Or go for a single or double shot of espresso that pumps directly into your cup.
The milk frothing wand steams milk to the rich consistency and texture. Perfect for a cup of latte or cappuccino at any time of day. This is the kind of coffee maker you love and not just use.
- The Cuisinart Coffee Center features a fully automatic thermal coffeemaker on one side and a single-serve brewer on the other.
- Single-Serve Features: 3 serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz., K-Cup pod compatible, Includes Cuisinart’s HomeBarista Reusable Filter Cup which lets you use your own coffee,Removable 40oz reservoir and Energy Save modeRemovable drip tray for travel mugsCharcoal water filter
- Carafe Brewer Features: 10-cup thermal carafe with stainless steel handle, Fully automatic – 24-hour brew start, self-clean, ready alert, Brew Strength Control – select BOLD for stronger coffee flavor, Easy-view water windowBrew Pause feature andGold-tone coffee filter that lets only pure coffee flavor flow through
- BPA Free
- 3-Year Warranty
This programmable coffee maker is a bit different. It runs on a smooth and effective coffee extraction system. You can brew a cup of coffee or a full 10-cup carafe side-by-side. And it welcomes pods, K-cups, and ground coffee.
This coffee maker works great for single-serve and carafe. It’s worth spending money over. And you get to customize the number of cups you want. Including the option to go for a slightly larger 12-cup carafe in glass or thermal construction.
In terms of performance, this has never been better. It brews K cups and ground coffee fast. It has a regular and bold feature for all brew settings. And a drip tray that allows easy pouring and cleaning.
The water reservoir is removable and easy to keep clean. The same goes for the other parts that make this best dual coffee maker convenient and practical to use.
- Brew two ways: Enjoy either a single-serve cup (travel mug not included) or full pot of coffee with the 12-cup carafe.
- Fully programmable: Wake up to a hot cup of coffee with fully programmable functionality and auto-shutoff.
- Adjusts to your cup: Can brew directly into the carafe, a travel mug (not included) or a short cup (not included)
- Convenient single-serve: Brew a cup for one using loose, ground coffee.
- Smart features: Includes brew strength selector (regular or bold), keep-hot warming plate and more.
The Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer is functional in many ways. It uses coffee grounds only. And it brews fast and effectively. Whether it’s the 12-cup carafe or a single cup, it’s convenient to use.
Upon first look, this looks like a basic choice. But when you dig a little deeper you understand that it is the most basic feature that is so convenient to use. It’s a sturdy and professional choice for home use.
With programmability, height-adjustability, and a sturdy carafe. All these features elevate the ease of use and accessibility of the machine. Also, coffee extraction is simple and accurate. You don’t have to worry about a thing.
- 12-Cup Carafe with a drip-free pour spout and a comfortable handle. Cord length : 36 Inches
Two-way coffee makers have a special charm. Like the Cuisinart which is smart and fast. It comes with a drip-free spout and a sturdy carafe. Along with the choice of brewing a single-serve cup in a matter of seconds.
This dual coffee maker lets you control all important functions. The temperature, time, and brew strength. And you get to decide how many cups you want. This is not just from a single cup or a whopping 12 cups.
You can choose from 1-4 cups that brews in the carafe. Or you can head over to the single-serve size and quickly brew a single cup. It’s a simple on/off technique that works right off the bat.
It guarantees a smooth and consistent brewing cycle. Including three different brewing temperatures from low to medium to high settings. So based on your personal needs, using this dual coffee brewer is great.
- Two ways to brew: Brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the thermal carafe side or make a cup for yourself using a Keurig K-Cup Pod or grounds on the single-serve side with this 2-in-1 coffee maker
- 12-cup carafe side with permanent filter: Features programmable timer, auto pause and serve and 2-hour auto shutoff.
- Single-serve-brew with k-cup pods or without: Pod holder and single-serve grounds basket are included. Features cup rest that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage. Pod-piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
- Separate water reservoirs: Each brewer has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window so you always know which brewer has how much water
- Brewing flexibility: The Hamilton Beach flex brew 2-way coffee maker has the option to please fans of all types of coffees and quantities, making it the perfect gift for a home with multiple coffee drinkers
The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker works wonders. It is compatible with K-cups, pods, and ground coffee. It comes with removable brew baskets for each. This takes the dual coffee maker performance to a whole new level.
This dual coffee maker has two brew options. It has a flexible carafe and a single-serve option. And two brew baskets and water reservoirs for quick filling. Everything is streamlined and functional with this coffee maker.
It offers programmable functions that last longer. The high-quality and sturdy construction lasts long too. The cup rest is removable with a 2-hour keep warm cycle on the carafe. So each of the features performs well to give you cup after cup of coffee.
If you don’t have the time to wait for a full pot to brew, the single-serve option is quick. It’s equipped with a faster brewing cycle and no-mess clean-up afterward. You just have to press a button to get coffee hot and fresh.
A dual coffee maker is a handy appliance that is not only convenient and easy to use but also allows you to brew your preferred coffee; grounds, single-serve or K-cups. This convenience brings about flexibility and freedom of brewing your coffee according to your desires and preferences. However, these appliances differ considerably from each other in terms of quality, build, design, ease of use and performance among other parameters. As such, you need to know what to look for in the dual coffee makers so that you only invest in the best appliance. Some of the considerations that you should make are such as:
Firstly, you need to check the brewing options provided by the dual coffee maker of choice. This is because of the fact that the primary reason of buying this coffee maker is so that you are able to consolidate multiple machines into a single appliance. Hence, you need to look at the versatility of the dual coffee maker of choice. This goes a long way in ensuring that you are able to find a machine with multiple options such as tea, espresso, and even specialty drinks. Avoid buying a machine with limited coffee options as its reliability will be greatly hindered.
Just like for the brewing options, you also need to consider the brewing size of the dual coffee machine of choice before you buy it. The brewing size of a coffee machine will determine how reliable and efficient the coffee maker will be. Some of these machines come with a carafe and single serve and are fine for some people. However, there are other coffee machines that come with extensive versatility as far brewing sizes are concerned. Such machines come with a large brewing size and hence allow you to brew enough coffee for the whole family at once.
Unfortunately, two-way coffee makers are pretty big and hence take up a considerable amount of space on your counter. As such, when you are in the market for these appliances, you need to consider the size of your kitchen as well as the available countertop space. Avoid buying a machine that is likely to cause congestion and crowding in your kitchen. In addition to considering the base, it is also necessary that you consider the height of the appliance so that you do not buy an excessively tall appliance that will not fit beneath the cabinet.
Glass Vs. thermal carafe
A carafe not only stores brewed coffee but also keeps it warm. Thermal carafes keep your coffee warmer for longer durations compared to glass carafes. Therefore, if you want a coffee maker that keeps your coffee hot for only about half an hour, then a coffee maker with a glass carafe is the best choice. However, if you are looking for a coffee maker that can keep your coffee warm for up to a few hours, then it is advisable to opt for a thermal carafe coffee maker.
Superior brands are popular for their reliability, durability and performance. However, these brands tend to cost more compared to lesser known brands. The secret to finding a brand that will serve you well is by considering reviews and feedback left by previous users. You do not need to spend too much money on a pricey brand as with a detailed research, you can still find a reliable and dependable brand that is fairly priced.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Thermal or glass carafe – which is better in a dual coffee maker?
There are plenty of excellent carafe options out there. But they all boil down to being thermal or glass. Many coffee connoisseurs prefer a thermal carafe over a glass carafe. This has more to do with performance than looks. However, if you’re going for designs, glass is way better.
A thermal carafe preserves the freshness and heat of coffee for longer. It keeps the coffee warm – even if the dual coffee maker has a warming plate. This is the best thing for a glass carafe – a keep-warm function that goes on for about 2 hours after brewing.
So if you’re brewing 12 cups of coffee in a glass carafe, a keep warm plate is essential.
Moving forward, there’s no risk of breaking a thermal carafe because it’s stainless steel. A glass carafe breaks quickly if you’re not careful while pouring or washing. Good dual coffee makers offer both options to you. You choose what’s best for you at a cost-effective price tag.
Do dual coffee brewers take up a lot of space?
Generally, dual coffee makers come with two separate water tanks. But they’re placed at the back of the machine. Then there are some machines, like the Ninja, that offer extra features. Such as a milk frother and removable water tank.
These features give up more room for the machine. But that doesn’t mean they’re not portable. You can move the machine around if you want. It promises high-quality construction and is sturdy to use too.
This much is true that dual coffee makers are heavy. They need a solid base to accommodate two different types of brewing. A 12-cup carafe and a single-serve coffee brewer. That’s like joining two different coffee makers into one.
Single-serve coffee brewers can brew coffee into a mug, travel mug, and tumbler. Some dual coffee makers come with adjustable drip trays. While others come with a foldable drip tray with height adjustments.
So if you’re looking for something versatile, it won’t hurt to consider these. And it doesn’t take up too much space – thanks to the ergonomic design and adjustable features.
How do I clean a dual coffee maker?
Cleaning a dual coffee maker is not as complicated as most people presume. The cleaning procedure for these appliances is similar to cleaning any other drip brewer. The only difference is that with dual coffee makers, you will need to do the descaling routine on the two sides. Most modern dual coffee makers allow you to descale both sides co-currently thereby reducing the cleaning time and effort considerably. For the exterior surface, you can use a damp cloth or paper towel to wipe off the surfaces.
Are expensive dual coffee makers worth it?
Yes. Expensive and pricey dual coffee makers are worth the price. This is because there is a lot of work and expertise that goes into designing and developing these appliances. As such, these appliances are efficient and reliable thereby making them a great choice.
How do you unclog your dual coffee maker?
When you want to unclog your dual coffee maker, you should fill the water chamber in the appliance halfway with vinegar. Then fill the remaining part with water. You should then place a paper filter in the basket so as to catch hard water deposits and other debris that may be causing the clogging. Turn the coffee maker on to brew the mixture and then turn it off after brewing is complete.
If you want multiple coffee options, a dual coffee brewer is perfect for you. It lets you brew a single cup and a carafe. It comes with a carafe that allows 10 to 12 cups of coffee. And a single-serve brewing spout that fills a single cup of different sizes.
If you want choices in how you want to brew coffee, you also have those. You can brew coffee pods or K-cups or ground coffee. The machine itself brew bold and regular brew.
The one that steals the show is the Hamilton Beach 49976 FlexBrew Coffee Maker. It’s fast, professional, and convenient. Perfect for home use for solo and family use. It’s a great investment for coffee lovers who want a cost-valuable and affordable coffee maker.
I am Ralph Mason and I am a passionate coffee drinker. I worked as a barista for a few years and since 2012 I have been trying to convince as many people as possible of good coffee.
I started writing on the barista blog on RepublikCoffeeBar in 2018. It was a pure hobby site and I tested coffee products like coffee machines, beans, mug, and other accessories. After the first year, my blog is becoming a well-known coffee site with about 100 thousand visits per month.
In 2019 I decided to focus on RepublikCoffeeBar only. I became a full-time coffee blogger and was declared crazy by many.