It’s true that behind every great cup of coffee are perfectly roasted beans and hot water at the perfect temperature. However, it’s practically impossible to get the perfect espresso shot if you don’t have the perfect commercial espresso machine to help you get that perfect roast.
You don’t have to worry if you don’t know which machine you should get out of the thousands of commercial espresso machines out there! We’ve listed down ten of the best ones available in the market so you can choose which one suits you best.
So if you’re ready to whip up the perfect espresso shot for your customers or yourself, then read on! These machines we’ve got lined up will be a perfect fit for your cafe, office pantry, or dream kitchen!
Best Commercial Espresso Machines: Quick Summary
Top 6 Best Commercial Espresso Machines in 2020
- 15 bar Italian pump
- Purge Function: Automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
- Stainless steel conical burr grinder with 1/2 pounds sealed bean hopper
- 1600 watt thermo coil heating system
- 67 fluid ounce (2 Liter) removable water tank with handle
Looking to get into espresso making but don’t have the cash for a La Marzocco or a La Spaziallle? Then Breville Barista Express should be one of the first machines you should pay serious attention to. It has great features that won’t break your bank.
Barista Express comes with four coffee filters to accommodate to baristas of varying levels of expertise. Another standout feature of the BES870XL model is its burr grinder. It can provide the perfect dose of ground coffee immediately to the portafilter so any newbie barista won’t make the mistake of grinding too much coffee.
This machine is perfect for those who want to get into espresso making but are hesitant to splurging their money into one machine. It is built in a way that allows you to enjoy a cup of quality coffee while doing next to nothing during the brewing process.
However, it does come with its shortcomings. Even the biggest Breville Barista Express fan will tell you that it’s not the most intuitive machine in the world. You still need to read the instruction manual or you will be struggling against this machine for a while. Moreover, some users have complained that some parts (such as the grinder) get broken easily.
The perfect sip doesn’t have to come from a luxurious brand. The Breville Barista Express offers the perfect opportunity for any budding baristas to slowly but surely brew their passion for high-quality coffee at a reasonable price point.
- Sensor grinding technology: Exclusive sensing technology delivers precise, consistent grinding and the optimal dose for espresso, every time. Plus, the bean sensor ensures you’ll never run out of beans while grinding.
- The smart tamping station: Simply pull the lever to tamp the ground coffee with the right pressure for perfect results. There’s no need to remove the porta-filter, so you get to enjoy a mess-free experience.
- Active temperature control with dual heating system: The best temperature stability for optimal coffee extraction and milk texturing. La Specialist is equipped with two independent heating systems. One thermoblock for extracting coffee and an independent heating system for steaming milk or frothing ensures immediate beverage preparation
- Advanced latte system: Choose your style of froth: Micro-foam frothing for Latte Art or rich froth for cappuccino. Just place your cup under the spout and select flat or foam. Once it’s finished, you can enjoy your flat hot milk, or the perfect foam to express your latte art creativity.
- 1 second quick start: Power the machine on, grind and tamp your dose, then immediately brew authentic espresso – no additional heat up time necessary. Thanks to a second heating system dedicated to the advanced latte system, you don’t have to wait to steam your milk, either. La Specialist is ready when you are.
DeLonghi’s La Specialista commercial espresso machine offers a unique proposition to coffee lovers. Like quality coffee but don’t want it to take too much of your time? This machine is the perfect one for you.
One of its standout features is its sensory grinding system: it ensures that you won’t waste too much coffee since it can scan if it has ground enough beans into the portafilter already. Moreover, it offers options for you to customize the type of coffee experience you want.
This machine is a match made in for busy on-the-go offices. If you can’t exactly be bothered by the smallest detail but still want the flexibility to get an Americano or espresso, La Specialista will do the work for you.
However, automated grinding means you don’t have direct control over the quality of the grind you’re making. Moreover, some baristas will point out that those who are very particular with their coffee will not have complete authority over how to make their drink.
If you’re not that super specific about the type of caffeine you’re taking in the morning, then you’ll find La Specialista to provide you with just the right amount of customization. It can provide a very good cup of drip on any given day.
- SWIPE. SELECT. ENJOY: With automation at every stage, simply swipe and select for espresso, long black, latte, flat white or cappuccino and enjoy caf? quality coffee at home
- DOSE AMOUNT: The integrated conical burr grinder automatically grinds, doses and tamps 22 grams of coffee, similar to the commercial machine in your favorite cafe
- PRECISE WATER TEMPERATURE: The difference between an ashy or balanced tasting espresso can be caused by temperature change as little as 2?F. The Oracle Touch uses digital temperature control (PID) technology, this ensures the temperature is kept at its optimum range.
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: The Over Pressure Valve (OPV) is a commercial feature included in the Oracle Touch. This limits the maximum pressure throughout the extraction, helping prevent bitter flavors in the coffee shot. It also has true low pressure pre-infusion, which gradually increases the pressure to gently expand the grinds for an even extraction.
- SUFFICIENT STEAM PRESSURE: A cafe quality coffee is a delicate balance of espresso flavor and rich sweet milk with a micro-foam texture. The steam wand, powered by a dedicated steam boiler, automatically textures milk to your taste and preferred temperature, delivering barista quality silky micro-foam that enhances the flavor of coffee. Then it cleans itself!
If you enjoyed the Breville Barista Express you got to try at a friend’s place, then you should consider getting the Oracle Touch. This commercial espresso machine can be considered the high-end model of the Barista Express and promises a fully automated espresso-making experience.
Every stage of the process is fully automated so you can multitask and do other things while waiting for the machine to brew you a nice cup of latte or macchiato. The digital temperature control lets you get the perfect espresso shot at the temperature that you’ve always wanted.
Breville’s Oracle Touch is perfect for homes and offices that are always on the move but demands the best coffee available. It can be customized to your liking, so you don’t have to worry about not getting a cup that isn’t up to your standards.
Like all things, there are certain things lost to automation. Since the machine does all the work for you, doing the work yourself is next to impossible. Some users have also complained about the machine’s reliability issues. Its high asking price will be a point for contention.
If you’re in for a quick fix to your home or office’s coffee problem, then the Oracle Touch is will be a godsend. It’s almost like a highly trained barista went all the way to your pantry and served you a nice cup of espresso or Americano.
- NEW Redesigned Top Cover
- NEW Redesigned Portafilters
- NEW Steam tip with 4 smaller .9 mm holes
- Dual Boiler
- Programmable Off Set Differential
Naming one of your products after one of the most famous Baroque composers is a bold move, but the La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II lives up to the standards its name sets. It’s one of the most reliable commercial espresso machines for the mobile barista.
One of the biggest things Vivaldi users love from their machine is its durability. It can handle years of coffee-making and still produce a consistent product every time. Its double-boiler system and safety thermostat help ensure that the product and the machine can be enjoyed for a long time.
This machine is perfect for established small coffee shops, on-the-go baristas, and homeowners who developed a specific taste for their morning brew. Its reliability makes it a perfect tool for creating the perfect cup.
If there’s one thing worth criticizing about the Mini Vivaldi is that it’s heavy as it looks: carrying it around can become quite a workout. Moreover, cleanup can become quite troublesome with its build.
If you love coffee, you won’t go wrong with buying a Mini Vivaldi. Like the iconic Four Seasons, it commands attention and can be enjoyed for ages. This is a worthwhile investment you won’t regret.
- Easy selection of your coffee with intuitive touch display, makes espresso, hot water and coffee
- From fine to coarse thanks to the 12 step grinder adjustment
- 20,000 cups of finest coffee with durable ceramic grinders
- Keep your beans fresh longer thanks to the aroma seal
- Up to 5,000 cups without descaling thanks to AquaClean
Philips isn’t the first brand you think of when it comes to commercial espresso machines, but that doesn’t mean the Philips 2200 Series won’t be able to serve you up a good cup. It’s a serviceable machine that can provide you a good shot whenever you need a pick-me-up.
One of the first things you’ll notice from the Philips 2200 is its size: it’s most likely the smallest espresso machine out of all the entries in this list. It also has twelve grinding options that allow you to get the perfect grind for your daily dose of caffeine.
This machine is perfect for families that are always on the move and small offices that need a cup to start the day. Its size and low price make it a worthwhile investment for those on the lookout for quality espresso.
Of course, you can’t expect all of this convenience without any setbacks. Some 2200 Series owners will tell you that it’s frustrating to find the right grind for your espresso. Moreover, its automated process means espresso purists are at the complete mercy of this device.
If you’re on a tight budget and aren’t particular about the quality of espresso going into your system, then this is the perfect machine for you. It gets the job done and can become a fixture on your pantry for a good while.
- Commercial Espresso Machine
- Direct water line hookup
- Fully portable for catering
- Hot water tap
- Volt 110, 1500-walt
Want a commercial espresso machine that is small but packs a really serious punch? You won’t go wrong with La Pavoni’s PUB 1EM-R. It’s one of the best compact espresso machines that you can get in the market.
La Pavoni is one of the biggest names in the espresso world, and the PUB 1EM-R is built like one of the best. It can serve up to 150 cups of coffee a day in spite of its minuscule size (21”x15”x22”). You won’t have a problem with water flow due to the independent radiator hydraulics inside the machine.
La Pavoni PUB 1EM-R is perfect for the most particular coffee lovers in your office. This machine is also a match made in heaven for cafe owners that are all in on their coffee and want a machine that matches their ambitions in terms of looks and performance.
The La Pavoni name comes with a price though. This is easily one of the most expensive machines you’ll ever buy, considering how small it is. Moreover, its boiler can only hold so much amount of water compared to the other machines on this list.
If you have the cash to spare, the La Pavoni PUB 1EM-R is definitely worth the purchase. The craftsmanship that goes into creating each one of these machines is unmatched, and you can expect nothing but the best shots and cups from this powerful workhorse.
Each one of these espresso makers is great, but only one will get our vote. This time, the title of the best commercial espresso machine goes to DeLonghi La Specialista Espresso Machine.
However, don’t just take our word for it — thoroughly inspect each item on the list and pit it against your specific needs. The best commercial espresso machine for your situation may not require the GS3’s specs, so choose well.
Nevertheless, we’re sure that you’ll enjoy every cup you’ll get from these ten picks!
See related articles
- Best Nespresso Machines 2020: Reviews, Consumer Report, FAQs & Buying Guide
- 8 Best Bunn Coffee Makers Reviews 2020 – Most Durable & Reliable Picks
I am Ralph Mason and I am a passionate coffee drinker. I worked as a barista for a few years and since 2012 I have been trying to convince as many people as possible of good coffee.
I started writing on the barista blog on RepublikCoffeeBar in 2018. It was a pure hobby site and I tested coffee products like coffee machines, beans, mug, and other accessories. After the first year, my blog is becoming a well-known coffee site with about 100 thousand visits per month.
In 2019 I decided to focus on RepublikCoffeeBar only. I became a full-time coffee blogger and was declared crazy by many.