The skyrocketing sales of coffee grinders for the past years, we believe, is a sign that coffee fiends are getting aware of the more benefits of buying pre-ground coffee. The best burr coffee grinders are being re-invented to give coffee lovers the best they can get in grinding coffee beans at home.
But we can’t argue with this phenomenon. Instead, we are bringing these 5 best burr coffee grinder reviews to narrow down your choices in case you want to purchase a unit or two.
Start scrolling down and take a peek!
1. Capresso Infinity 565.05 Conical Burr Grinder, Stainless Steel
Do you want an infinite consistency in grinding your coffee beans? Then use the Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder.
Capresso Infinity is a commercial-grade that is irrefutable than any standards. The conical burr grinder can have consistency from ultra-fine, ideal for Turkish coffee brew, to a coarser French press, and in-between these textures.
But how much you like your grind coarser or otherwise, the aroma and other essentials of coffee are retained. Although the Infinity is a slow grinder, it grinds consistently.
But the operation of the Capresso Infinity is as silent as it can be; you can hardly hear the sound of its motor. Moreover, it has a transparent bean hopper that can hold up to 8.8 ounces of roasted beans while the ground coffee capacity is 4 ounces.
- The solid steel conical burrs are state-of-the-art.
- Minimal static build-up during operation.
- The motor has a gear reduction system for precise and noiseless brewing.
- Easy to use, clean, and maintain.
- The housing is made from ABS plastic.
- A slow grinder.
2. OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Integrated Scale
To spare you more time in grinding coffee beans, the OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder has a built-in weighing scale. Therefore, you can prepare the beans by weight and not by time. You don’t have to buy a weighing scale just to measure the number of beans you want to grind.
This unique feature of OXO Brew is also integrated with an automatic shut off giving you the exact measurement of ground coffee beans any time. This amazing burr grinder has stainless steel conical burrs with a 40-mm size.
You can select any of the 38 settings it provides that ranges from ultra-fine (perfect for espresso) to coarser grounds (ideal for Cold Brew or French press). The rectangular plastic hopper is BPA-free and can hold 16 ounces of beans; more than double the capacity of other conical burr coffee grinders.
The OXO Brew Burr Coffee Grinder is sure to last because its motor is low-speed but has a high torque which prevents the electrical windings to overheat. Moreover, the machine has an automatic detection system that shuts off the motor when it senses overheating.
- Has ‘No Bean’ detector; won’t let you grind if the hopper is empty.
- One-dial switch for Cup Mode, Grams Mode, and Manual Mode.
- Efficient grinding retains the original flavor of the coffee.
- A large capacity conical burr grinder.
- Comes in at 120V.
- Heftier than other brands.
3. Baratza Virtuoso Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
The Baratza Virtuoso Conical Burr Grinder is made from die-cast zinc making it more durable and environment-friendly.
This efficient and precise conical burr grinder assures you of longer service life. For a more accurate grinding, the Baratza Virtuoso is consists of 40 grind settings allowing a precise grind from ultra-fine (for espresso) and the coarser ground fitting a French press or a pour-over.
The grinding time for a full capacity load (the transparent hopper can accommodate 8 ounces of beans) just takes a minute, faster than you can prepare a bowl of oatmeal.
The Virtuoso Burr Grinder has a brushed-satin metal top which makes it a perfect complement on the kitchen counter.
- Has a small footprint perfect for the kitchen.
- Easy to use with its front pulse-button.
- The transparent hopper has 8-oz. beans capacity.
- The grinder is made from hardened steel burrs.
- One of the most expensive of its class.
- A little bit noisy during grinding.
4. Breville BCG800BSXL Smart Coffee Grinder Machine
The Breville Smart Coffee Grinder is what you expect: a smart grinding machine. If you seek the best in technology and bringing you the best value for your money, the Breville Smart Grinder is an intelligent choice.
The Breville BCG800BSXL is an upscale electronic burr coffee grinder that has a backlit LCD screen which shows you the grind setting.
For more hands-free grinding, this smart grinder has 25 grind settings to choose from (perfect for ultra-fine ground for espresso to coarser consistency ideal for French press). The Breville Smart Grinder has an auto dosing system which calibrates each dose calculated by the Dosing IQ while you adjust.
When you buy this burr coffee grinder, you also get two portafilter cradles, a grinding container, and a conical burr cleaning brush. The Breville Smart’s stainless steel conical burrs, unlike other metal blades, minimize the heat generates by crushing the beans, hence the essential oils are retained in your coffee.
- Air-tight lid hopper holds 1 lb. of beans.
- The LCD shows you the number of cups.
- High-quality ground coffee.
- Minimizes heat in grinding.
- Automatic features may overwhelm newbies.
- Some parts are not dishwashing-safe.
5. Cuisinart CBM-18N Programmable Conical Burr Mill
Cuisinart had long been an industry leader, whether it’s a coffee maker or a coffee grinder, the brand just sticks to the mind of coffee aficionados across the globe. And the Cuisinart Programmable Burr Mill is another masterpiece.
This fully-programmable conical burr grinder has 0.50 lb. hopper capacity and is transparent so you will know when the container is empty. It has a cup selector from 1 to 14; this lets you measure the exact amount of coffee.
Furthermore, it got 18 grind selectors from extra-fine, fit for espresso and the like, to coarser texture, ideal for French presses.
The electrically-driven Cuisinart CBM-18N delivers a rich and full-flavor ground coffee that retains the essential oils present in roasted coffee beans.
- Removable grind chamber is easy to clean.
- Lots of selections for sizes of grind.
- Powerful and heavy-duty motor.
- One of the best electric burr grinders.
- The container or catcher is made from plastic but BPA-free.
- Heavier than conventional burr grinders.
We can help but admire the entire best burr coffee grinders that we just had reviewed. But if you can’t have them all, maybe we could pick two of the best among our list.
We don’t want to state which is which of the two. You’ll be a better judge.
Maybe we can talk about buying only one of these best burr grinders or both. We will decide later.
The Breville Smart Coffee Grinder is just what it is; it’s very smart. We want to be with brilliant guys so we don’t have to do difficult things in grinding coffee beans. Meanwhile, the Baratza Virtuoso’s 40 grind settings make us speechless. We also like appliances that we could be with for the rest of our lives (or maybe a decade will do).